Re: I can't get my default cc to work

by SheriGR

Original Post

I can't get my default cc to work

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded a default skin for my game, and I can't seem to get it to work. It works for children and toddlers, but it doesn't work for teens-elders. I have all of the files in my mods folder, but it still won't work. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Message 1 of 2 (279 Views)

Re: I can't get my default cc to work

Champion

@fawnbegone I suppose it could have been partially broken by one of the recent game patches/updates? Are you sure you have the latest version of the CC? Or perhaps they are working on an update? It may be a good idea to check with the creator. You could also try removing the cache file and running a repair:

Spoiler
  • Exit your game then exit Origin. Please copy the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the mods folder and the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder and restart the game and so that the game will re-create the folder.
  • Then run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base-game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs). 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 2 (267 Views)