Re: Hyperdrive bundle not awarding shards

by GladOS-013

Original Post

Hyperdrive bundle not awarding shards

★ Novice

I made the purchase thinking I was going to be awarded character shards because when I look for places to find character shards, this purchase was a suggestion. So I decided to make the purchase and got screwed! All the characters and ships that are "available" from this purchase showed up in a mail and I only had the option to delete the mail. I made this purchase to claim shards on these characters. I would not have made this purchase otherwise and would request you take this purchase back and give me back my money. 

I'd further request that you explain exactly what one is getting in this purchase and what one gets if one is already level 85 and has all the stated characters and ships listed in this purchase! This looks like some kind of false advertising to me!

Message 1 of 6 (1,233 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Tragamite

The Bundle will automatically activate and place the available upgrades onto the characters in your account within the predetermined set of criteria.  The mail you received is what was activated on your account so you don't need to accept it to have that added. This information is available in the bundle by hitting the 'info' button, I'll pop a screenshot below. This thread "Hyperdrive Bundle Details" is also really informative and covers some example scenarios as well. 

Hyperdrive information.jpg

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 6 (1,204 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

I'm also thinking of buying this deal...

However I require some clarification before I spend £100...

If for example, all the characters and ships included in this upgrade are already at 5 stars... will then the shards required to reach 5 star rarity (145 shards) be added to the character profiles? Or will nothing happen whatsoever? Meaning that if I purchased this deal specifically for character shards I would have wasted £100 by not understanding the product I'm buying?

PS, "retained" is a very ambiguos term to use when uses how it has in the above screen shot as it doesnt say "who" retains the excess upgrade materials, the customer or EA...

Message 3 of 6 (681 Views)

@zexxmarques Nothing will happen to your characters who are already 5 stars. The ones who are 5 stars already will stay that way and all shards will remain. Characters that are below 5* will be promoted to 5 stars - if you had the shards to do it, those shards will be consumed, but if you were missing those shards, the characters will be promoted anyway.

★★ Novice

Thanks for this! So basically dont waste £100 XD

Message 5 of 6 (627 Views)

@zexxmarques There's still a ton of gear that comes with the pack, but each player will have to decide if the price is worth the value for them.