Re: Huggy greetings and disappearing placemats.

by Lyoufln

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @crinrict I tested out the placemats again. Yes, this bug seems to be affecting all placemat types, not just the casual ones.

Concerning huggy greetings, my sims are still doing them an awful lot, but sometimes they don't. I don't think the hugs are as much of a bug, as it seems to be connected to sims with romantic relationships greeting each other my kissing on the cheek. Maybe the next patch will change it so that a sim won't always get up from eating their meal to hug/kiss another sim when greeting them. I saw someone talking about their sims kissing each other in greeting on the official forums, but I don't know about hugs. I may post there about the vanishing placemats there too, as maybe some other folks are having the same/similar problem.

Thank you! Standard smile 

Lyoufln

Message 11 of 19 (549 Views)

Hero

I'll retest the place mat issue.

Forwarding the huggy issue as feedback to @EA_Mai

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 19 (543 Views)

Hero

@Lyoufln Moved this to general info as feedback.

I will test the place mats.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 19 (535 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you so much for your help @crinrict ^_^ 

Message 14 of 19 (527 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hi,

Just thought I'd chime in and state that I'm experiencing the issue of disappearing placemats in the same way the OP has described.  I have tested this with my mods removed and in a new save file.

There's a bunch of people reporting it on the forums:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930014/table-setting

Should a new thread be started for the placemat issue seeing as OP included two different issues?

Message 15 of 19 (502 Views)

Hero

Could one of you make a bug report for the placemats in the bug forum for it then.

I haven't been able to re-test it (time-wise)

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Thank you.

@camsin @Lyoufln

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 19 (494 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @camsin, I'm still having the problem with the placemats, so I made a thread focusing on that in the bugs section like @crinrict mentioned. Standard smile 

Here's the link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Vanishing-Placemats/m-p/6442988#M52533

Message 17 of 19 (485 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Thanks, @Lyoufln!

Large smile your Sims are really affectionate!

However, I can see how having them get up from the table to hug each other can be disturbing. Thanks for the feedback! I'll forward it to the team.

(And thanks for the tag, crinrict)

-Mai

Message 18 of 19 (482 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @EA_Mai Thank for posting here Standard smile I mean hugs are great, but it's a little odd when your sims just keep hugging/kissing each other as a greeting, especially when they're sitting down and eating. Large smile

Message 19 of 19 (475 Views)