Re: How to stop one timers from behind the net

by Sinbin

Original Post

How to stop one timers from behind the net

★★ Novice
I'm so frustrated. I am not a terrible defender, but I would say that recently about 50 to 60% of the goals scored against me come from the guy skating behind the net, avoid all hits and attempts to pin him against the boards, and then skates around and hits the guy sitting across the crease for a one timer. Meanwhile my defender just sits and watches the pass go and does nothing. Is there a way to trap the guy behind the net? Or maybe get it so that my defender just bodies the other guy and prevents a pass? This is getting ridiculous, and it's horrible that cross crease passing is back as the primary way to score
Message 1 of 3 (301 Views)

Only thing I've found reliable is to just stop chasing and plant right infront of the net, almost inside. You'll be open to one-timers from the point but at least you'll have a better chance to block those.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 3 (286 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Make sure you are switching to your defenders. Guard the post on the far side and either poke or block as they come around. They are pretty easy to hit back there. Are you just missing the hit when you attempt them? You say they avoid hits, but there isn't much space back there so they shouldn't be that difficult to hit.

Message 3 of 3 (276 Views)