Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

How to save your progress in STAR WARS™: Galaxy of Heroes

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

How to save your progress in STAR WARS™: Galaxy of Heroes

Community Manager

Link your game to your Google Play or Game Center account to save your game progress. If you switch devices, you can bring your progress with you.

Linking your game to a Google Play (Android) or Game Center (iOS) account is the best way to save your game progress.

Why? Glad you asked:

• You can play on multiple devices. Use your tablet at home for the larger screen, but play on your phone when you’re on-the-go.
  • Lost your mobile device or bought a new one? No problem. You can bring your progress with you.
  • Recover your game progress. If you lose your game progress due to a device factory reset, a major OS update, or deleting/reinstalling the app, you can still get back in the game and pick up where you left off.

Accounts are platform-specific, but you can move them to a different device (like iOS to Android) with our self-service tool. Use it here.

Note: Connecting to Facebook will allow you to send Ally invites to Facebook friends, but will not save your account progress.

What if I don't link my game to an account?

When you play without linking to an account, all of your game progress is saved to your mobile device as an anonymous account. This has some drawbacks:

• You can only play your game on the device you created it on.
  • You can lose your game progress due to factory resets, major OS updates, deleting/reinstalling the app, and other glitches.
  • Game progress loss is permanent. We cannot recover game data for anonymous accounts.

How do I link my game to Google Play or Game Center

Android

(Click the spoiler tags to expand the visual guide)

• Launch Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.
  • Tap the Settings cog icon.
  • Tap Connect.
  • Tap Sign in with Google Play.
    • If the button says Sign out with Google Play, then you’re already signed in and linked.
  • When asked, choose the account you want to use.
  • Enter the login info for the Google Play account that you want to use.
Spoiler
The Settings cog icon at the top left of STAR WARS: Galaxy of Heroes.The Connect button in STAR WARS: Galaxy of Heroes Settings menu.

iOS

Make sure you're signed in to Game Center

1. Open your device’s Settings menu.
  2. Select Game Center from the side menu.
  3. If you see the option, Sign In, tap it and enter your Apple ID and password.
    • If you’re already signed in, you’re ready to connect your game.

Connect your game to Game Center

1. Launch Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.
  2. You will see a notification asking you to link the game with the Game Center account that you’re currently signed in to.
  3. Confirm that you want to link the game to Game Center.
Game Center will only ask you to link your game a limited amount of times. If you dismiss the notification repeatedly without linking, Game Center will stop sending notifications and you will not be able to link your game. If this is the case, you can contact us.

How do I sign into a different account or play as a guest?

Android

1. Launch Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.
  2. Tap the Settings cog icon.
  3. Tap Connect.
  4. Tap on Sign out of Google Play.
    • The Sign-Out screen will show that you’re signing out of the current account.
  5. Tap Confirm.
  6. The game will restart and give the option to Play as Guest or Sign into Google Play.
  7. Tap Sign into Google Play to log into a game linked to a different Google Play account, or tap Play as Guest.

iOS

1. Minimize Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.
  2. Go to your device’s Settings menu.
  3. Scroll down to Game Center and tap on it.
  4. Tap on the Game Center account on the list.
  5. Choose Sign Out (to play as a guest) or enter a new Game Center ID to log into a game linked to a different Game Center account.
  6. Force-close and restart the game.

How can I get help?

If you have questions or concerns about your game and account, contact us.

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 1 of 1 (338 Views)
Twitter Stream