Re: Recover account

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to recover my old SWGOH account?

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Unfortunately when I got a new phone I didn't enter the age right and I am stuck in a under age account even though i linked it through google play previously.  I have no clue how to link my old progress since the link button is unavailable in a kids account.  

Is there any way to recover my old account?  I am pretty bummed because I spent over 4 years on this account and I don't have the patience to do this all over again. 

[CM - Edited title for clarity]

Message 1 of 5 (21,206 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @sss123212

We're unable to help with account issues from the forums but the support team may be able to help more. They'll take a look into this and let you know what can be done from there. Please use these steps to start up a case with the live support team: 

After that, let the support advisor know what happened. For example, this is what sounds like went down going off of your opening post:

• You were moving your SWGOH account over from older phone to new phone
  • You were asked to enter your age during that process and accidently entered the wrong age, triggering the account to default to an underage account on the new device. 
  • This is somehow causing issues completing the transfer of your existing account to the new device. 
  • Help recovering your existing account and moving it to your new device. 

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (21,020 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

I am thinking I need to do a factory reset which would fix the under age issue. My other issue would be how I could get my old data back on my account.   Is there a way to recover my account?

Message 2 of 5 (21,175 Views)

★★★ Novice

if you are on a underage account is not possible to link it since minors cant have access to online features.

Message 3 of 5 (21,028 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @sss123212

We're unable to help with account issues from the forums but the support team may be able to help more. They'll take a look into this and let you know what can be done from there. Please use these steps to start up a case with the live support team: 

After that, let the support advisor know what happened. For example, this is what sounds like went down going off of your opening post:

• You were moving your SWGOH account over from older phone to new phone
  • You were asked to enter your age during that process and accidently entered the wrong age, triggering the account to default to an underage account on the new device. 
  • This is somehow causing issues completing the transfer of your existing account to the new device. 
  • Help recovering your existing account and moving it to your new device. 

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 4 of 5 (21,021 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Account back 

Message 5 of 5 (7,224 Views)