How to get actual help?

by manear26

Original Post

Re: How to get actual help?

★★★★ Apprentice

I think EA are listening. Did the update last night and now tonight can't get a game anywhere. So they fixed that problem of me being able to get into Galactic Assault. 

Might be time to take a trip to EB Games and demand a refund I think. 

Message 21 of 44 (1,237 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

So back to the original question. 

How does someone who has exhausted all the generic suggestions from the EA Help page get something addressed?

Really frustrated by this. Paid for the Deluxe Trooper Edition on Pre-Order and 80% of the game has not worked for getting onto 8 months now. 

Have probably hundred posts and threads detailing the problem with nothing. Have been searching through everything on EA's support sites about it. Is it a known issue or an ignored issue?
All of South Africa were complaining about it and in the end had their server shut off totally. 

Message 22 of 44 (1,223 Views)

Champion
@manear26 - I agree. As I said in my post the Aust site does have a problem.
The point I was trying to make was that I can't understand why you can't get games on other sites whilst I can and you being in Melbourne does provide a possible clue in that you are 1hr ahead of me in Brisbane. That would make the US sites further behind. Just for the heck of it & to prove me wrong, try an earlier time on the weekend.
"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

Champion

@EA_Blueberry  - Hi. Is the Australian Ping site just a login server or an actual multiplayer game server?

"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

Community Manager

@ggibb65 

Are you experiencing this only around a specific time of the day or all day?

Is it possible to run a UO Trace so we can see how the connection is reaching our servers? 

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/#testconnection

Blueberry.png
Message 25 of 44 (1,197 Views)

Champion

@EA_Blueberry- it is an all day/any day occurrence. When the major ping issue appeared around July last year, you could not get into any mode at any time using the Australian Ping site. Found that the only site I could use was the US Oregon site. After EA released the ping fix, GA & HvsV were the only modes you could successfully get into. All other modes would have empty lobbies that never filled. For those modes I used the Oregon site and at the moment US Virginia site but due to time differences, I can only use these with confidence earlier in the day or evening.

I have completed several Uotrace sessions and have not found any major problems and speed tests also show nothing (50mbps D/load 5mbps+ u/load) - last Uotrace below.

uotrace_LI.jpg

The trace does show a large variation from best/worst but the average is fine with no packet loss. With the ping average at 31ms suggests the high of 287ms is momentary and not a concern.

When playing GA via the Aust ping site, I seldom get lag or msgs about slow internet connection at any time I play. Of course, when I use the US sites(ping around 200ms to 250ms), the slow internet message and Graph showing 3 bars are always on the top right corner of the screen. Gameplay has very little or no lag and dropouts do not occur. Any other ping site around the world is a waste of time even if I get into a game as the games are unplayable due to lag.

Anyone using the Aust ping site has this issue. Hope this helps.

P.S. You did not answer my question about the servers.

Community Manager

@ggibb65  @manear26 

I've raised this to the team to be aware of and we recommend changing the server ping site during different times of the day to see which one will give you the best results. I wouldn't be too concerned about the ping next to the server ping site. Dive into each one to see how the latency is in game to determine whether the game is enjoyable enough to play. I know it can be tough to hit shots as a Stormtrooper and even harder with lag. Thanks for reaching out to us about this. May the Force be with you!

Blueberry.png
Message 27 of 44 (1,171 Views)

Champion
@EA-Blueberry - thanks for the reply. Already try other ping sites at different times but unfortunately, the times I want to play do not necessarily agree with the other time zones.

★★★★ Apprentice
And it doesn't work anyway.
It's NOT an issue with the people playing the game. The servers show up empty regardless.
Message 29 of 44 (1,141 Views)

Champion
Hey @manear26 - how about testing a theory of mine.
Do you have a group of friends that play this game. If you do, try joining the group and get one of this group to invite you to join their game.
My theory is that your problem may not be network/server but maybe a matchmaking issue and how it treats solo players.
Let me know how you go.