How to get actual help?

by manear26

Original Post

Re: How to get actual help?

Community Manager

You mentioned you're from Australia so I figured this might be worth a shot. It's for a different game but the fix could translate over to Battlefront II.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Server-Disconnect-before-Loading-into-game/td-p/7197247

We also have this board where users were having trouble connecting. If you change up the DNS that might shift you into different games with more players.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/i-can-t-go-online-in-battlefield-1-and-battlefield-4/m-p/...

Blueberry.png
Message 11 of 44 (946 Views)

Champion

@manear26- Are you on NBN? If so,did this problem occur after your NBN connection?

"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

★★★★ Apprentice

Not with NBN, still with same ADSL connection. 

Nothing at my end has changed. 

The day it stopped working was exactly the day of an update. 

The next update then changed the behaviour to what I have been stuck with now. 

It's odd that it's ONLY those Battlefront 2 levels, occurred after an update, and nothing else is impacted or has changed. (All other games behave online as usual)

As an ex-computer support person if I was given the circumstances I would say it's isolated to Battlefront 2 server issue. 

Message 13 of 44 (925 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@manear26  - I know we have discussed this problem on another thread. I have the same issue on xbox - can only play GA & HvsV on Aust ping site.  I can get all other modes using the US Virginia site. I have very little problem with Lag although I am being told of slow internet connection (3 bars top right of screen). The only differences I can see is the problem occurred for me about 3 updates ago, I'm on cable & you ADSL.  I play from Brisbane, where are you?

Not sure if I have already mentioned Uotrace to you but if I haven't it might be worthwhile for you to download it to your PC and run it at the times you normally play. Here's the link https://help.ea.com/en-au/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/ , scroll down the page until you see Uotrace & follow the instructions.

Almost forgot, I NEVER let my searches go any longer than 60 secs before I quit the search and start again. If I go longer than that then I am highly likely to end up in an empty/partially empty lobby. Might have to do this 5 or 6 times but generally get matches on the second search. It may be that all lobbies are full or matchmaking is in progress and I have to wait until it has finished placing groups before I get noticed.

"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

★★★★ Apprentice

I don't have a PC so can't use the trace program. 
Reality is if it was my connection other things would be impacted. I'm not being booted. It's just simply never putting me into games. 
I always stop my searches after its clear its not working and I never bother trying now until after an update. I'm hoping it will be quietly fixed

Message 15 of 44 (891 Views)

Community Manager

@manear26 

Are you able to reinstall the game to see if that would have any positive effect? I know with some countries there are download caps so if it's possible to do that I'd say it's worth a shot. We take notice of these reports and want to ensure customers can connect online to our games, but we're not seeing a widespread amount of customers in your situation raise this to our attention, so we can only approach this as an isolated technical issue that we'll have to troubleshoot based off the info you give us (router type, ISP, etc.). 

If you're playing on WiFi, try going to a different WiFi channel (if possible) or go wired in with the router. Hope this helps, keep us updated.

Blueberry.png
Message 16 of 44 (880 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

OK took my PS4 to work and reinstalled the game. tested first on the work connection which is NBN (and a different ISP) and it didn't work. Re-installed game and tested again. Still doesn't work. 

There are literally hundreds of posts reporting the problem on this forum. South Africa in particular had a massive thread about it and in the end EA shut the servers down. 

I suspect that people are not reporting it because they think the game is dead so are playing other games now. We have two people on here with the exact same problem on different platforms. 

There must be something major going on at your servers. 

Message 17 of 44 (870 Views)

Message 18 of 44 (862 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@manear26- Hi again.

I have tried to figure out why you are consistently having this problem. As I have mentioned to you before, I have the same problem with our local site (GA & HvsV only) but am able to play the other modes on alternative sites. Yesterday afternoon I played on the Oregon site by accident without much problem (up until yesterday it was no go). Oregon at night does not work for me but Virginia does (Oregon is 18hrs behind Brisbane time, Virginia is 15hrs behind). Time zones can come into play when trying to fill lobbies. If I started off playing at 9 pm AEST it would be 3 am in Oregon making it less likely that I would find enough players to start a game. I found this yesterday afternoon when playing Strike (Oregon). After one game, it was difficult to maintain enough players to continue to the next match. Players kept dropping out en masse

I did ask you in a prior post, where in Aus. you were playing from (trying to establish your time zone) but you didn't mention where in your reply. 

I still can't understand why some players have the same difficulty getting games as you do yet others don't. I tend to think the problem is not all the servers but one of maybe a combination such as time zones, internet traffic, platforms & even matchmaking/group play or it is just time zone itself.

The Australian server (Sydney) does have a problem - maybe SWBFII does not have enough allocated space for all game modes - I don't know nor do I have enough technical knowledge to know how multiplayer games are set up on servers but you still should be directed to alternative servers.

Maybe as a suggestion, you try some of the faster ping sites outside your normal play times using times that would be peak in other zones ( using ping sites over 300ms would make the game unplayable in most instances ). Try over a couple of days & see what happens.

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm in Melbourne. 

I do try to play at other times without luck. 
But that in itself isn't a solution. So lets say playing at 11am is possible on the Virginia server from Melbourne. That's not a solution. Imagine your car only started for 2 hours a day and the car company's answer was "Just drive it at that time". You wouldn't accept it.

It's not believable that no one in Australia wants to play Strike between 7pm and 11pm except for me. 

Something is wrong with the Australian servers just at it was broken with South Africa and Brazil and a few other countries. It's not isolated to me. 

Message 20 of 44 (830 Views)