How to disable camera drift Sims 4 PC

by Mustikkapensas

Original Post

How to disable camera drift Sims 4 PC

★★★★★ Novice

I find it very annoying that especially in build mode the camera drifts to wrong places and I can't have full control over my camera. Is there a proper solution for this one?

I did find a workaround, but it's not perfect: (I use Sims 3 cameramode settings, not tested with default ones) Locate the game folder (can be found in Origin > Application settings > Installs & Saves > Game library location) go to \the Sims 4\Game\Bin\res and edit Camera.ini with any text editor. Find all (ctrl + f) IgnoreLotLevel and change them all to true. Save and open Sims4, you shouldn't see much camera drift anymore.

Should look something like this after change:

ForcedPitchRailThreshold = 12
RotationVerticalSensitivity = -1.0
RotationHorizontalSensitivity = -1.0
IgnoreLotLevel = true
SwapMiddleAndRightMouseButtonAction = true
TetherLockedZoomPercent = 1.01
EnableFollowSocialGroup = true

If there is any better solutions for this one please let me know.

Message 1 of 22 (17,834 Views)

Re: How to disable camera drift Sims 4 PC

★★★★★ Newbie

Hey, I'm posting July 2021, and this still works! Only thing is my file path was a little bit different. If you're unsure about computer stuff and can't find the folder through that^ pathway, try this one: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\res

Message 2 of 22 (15,625 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank-you so very much for this. I was going insane. 

Message 3 of 22 (14,765 Views)

★ Novice

I'm struggling to find the folders discussed here and i'm wondering if you or anyone who comes through this thread uses Mac.

I've tried searching for camera.ini and nothing comes up.

Thanks in advance!

Message 4 of 22 (14,480 Views)

@sjbrown426  First, find The Sims 4.app, which is likely in either Applications or Users > your username > Applications.  Right-click on the .app and select Show Package Contents, then open Contents > res, and you'll see Camera.ini.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 22 (14,454 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Found it! Thank you so much, sincerely!!

I did not expect an answer so soon, and it worked!!

Message 6 of 22 (14,437 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am so confused by this. Am I supposed to find something in the res folder? There’s nothing in mine and how do you edit things to true? I even tried YouTubing it and there’s nothing!!! Please someone help this drifting is driving me CRAZY. 

Message 7 of 22 (13,095 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@gabilicioso wrote:

I am so confused by this. Am I supposed to find something in the res folder? There’s nothing in mine and how do you edit things to true? I even tried YouTubing it and there’s nothing!!! Please someone help this drifting is driving me CRAZY. 

If you’re using a Mac, you might be able to find it using your computer’s Go > Go to folder option. Then type in “~/Applications/The Sims 4/contents/res” (without the quotation marks) and hopefully it should show up there. Then you would just double-click the camera.ini and it will automatically open in TextEdit, from which you can edit it to true.

I hope this helps! 

Message 8 of 22 (12,968 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I found this file and was able to make the changes but couldn't save it due to administrator security crap. Anyone have a way around that?? 😭

Message 9 of 22 (11,553 Views)

@l3n0wof15kqd  Run Notepad (or whatever you're using to edit the file) as an admin.  Type "notepad" into the Windows search box, and you should see an option to run it as an admin.  When it's open, choose to open the file you want to edit.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 10 of 22 (11,522 Views)