How to defend against rockworms attacking your base?

by Mister_Crac

Original Post

How to defend against rockworms attacking your base?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I recently played against a player called Yuri. This player will attack your base with three Rockworms at the same time (see also the attached screenshot). The problem is: How do you defend against that?

You can't attack the Rockworms while they are underground. And when they surface directly at your base, it's already too late. No unit in my deck can really bring them down fast enough. And it is also not possible to protect your base by building a ring of units around it, since the game does not allow you to build that many units, even if you have the Tiberium for it.

So what to do? :-(

Message 1 of 5 (363 Views)

Re: How to defend against rockworms attacking your base?

★★★★★ Guide
Yea, the hard part about "How do I counter tech?" is the answer is either:

A) Proper Tech. Cyborgs/Zone Troopers/Basilisks all woulda stomped the worms before they did critical damage.

or

B) Don't let them hit tech. End the game before they can get it out. Sometimes this is easier said than done, especially when you are still learning the strategy.

If you need help either either route, let me know, I'd be happy to touch on the finer points.
Message 2 of 5 (346 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@BattaIia wrote:
B) Don't let them hit tech. End the game before they can get it out. Sometimes this is easier said than done, especially when you are still learning the strategy.

Yeah, okay so... how to do that? Are there perhaps any videos that show how to play well against a Tech deck with a Non-Tech deck? Could you please link to them?

Message 3 of 5 (337 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Sure. Here is a decent guide by Benzie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um_PCq7hGQ0

So that's the basics. If they don't go double harv right away it doesn't change much. You need to identify exactly when they go double harv and then get those nukes charging.

The alternative is using your harvester to get them to tech. If they are making constant attempts at your harvester, you should identify that they have a tech win condition waiting, so get those nukes charging and try your best to keep your harvester safe. Remember, you can kill your own harv with commander powers like jade and solomon if you need to deny them income, or send your harv off to a corner somewhere if it's almost dead. Losing your harv is sometimes worse than not harvesting. 

Let me know if you want me to touch on any specific points.

Message 4 of 5 (324 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

That's a smart use. I saw people pick up rockworms again. Invincibility when moving and multi-tile damage make them good base assaulters. Just a bit slow to get there.

Message 5 of 5 (315 Views)