Re: How to best use diamonds?

by xrmiao4

Original Post

How to best use diamonds?

★★★★ Pro

I think the consensus on using diamonds is that you should spend them on rushing crates, because this way you will receive more crates in the same amount of time. More crates means more credits and more cards for levelling up your units. So far, so good.

However, when should you rush a crate and which ones should you rush? Just any crate as soon as you can afford it? Or only the better crates (e.g. not the common ones)? Or only when the cost in diamonds has dropped below a certain threshold?

Maybe somebody has done the math on this and would like to enlighten us :-)

Message 1 of 7 (510 Views)

★ Novice
Use them to rush crates. Nothing else.
Message 2 of 7 (508 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@RLongTTV wrote:
Use them to rush crates. Nothing else.

I think this has already been agreed upon. ;-)

Message 3 of 7 (503 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Decent question. Really the answer depends on you. The ideal way is to never go past 10 fuel. So if you are max fuel and going to play a game, rush a crate. This will have the most impact. However, I'm slightly frugal. So I only rush blue or better crates. My purchased diamonds from that reinforcement pack ran out a LONG time ago, so I'm doing my best to keep them under control.

All that said, rumor is there will be a way to reset daily bounties for diamonds (1,500 credits for bounties, plus exp, plus a gold crate?) so that could be decent value, as well as cloning vats will be open to purchase, but my guess is rushing will be better than vats since vats is unit specific so it SHOULD be more expensive. But again, we will see.

So TL;DR:

Rush all crates if your diamond count is no problem. Personally, I rush anything blue or better.
Message 4 of 7 (500 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I think it's kind of broken now as diamonds being the rarest resource in the game don't have as much use as it should have.

Yes you can buy an epic for wow... 600 then why don't you spend all 600 on rushing and waiting for an epic? In this way you got a lot of byproduct by opening other crates.

Message 5 of 7 (482 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
The tradeoff is time. It takes tens if not hundreds of rushed crates to get that epic you are after. Good news is you get hundreds of credits and other cards along the way. OR, right here, right now, you can get the 5 cards you need for the epic you want. So what do you value more? luck and value? Or your time?
Message 6 of 7 (479 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The 5 cards are also random every day. It still doesn't save you much time if you want a specific type of card so badly. I still think it's too expensive.

Message 7 of 7 (440 Views)