Re: How to access Capitals v. Knights Stanley Cup game?

by BulldoginDC

Original Post

How to access Capitals v. Knights Stanley Cup game?

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I'm trying to play the Stanley Cup championship game between the Caps & Knights, which I was able to do when I first launched NHL 19 on my xbox One.  Is there a way to play it again, on demand?  I can't seem to navigate to a place where I can find it.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 5 (835 Views)

EA NHL Team

Hey BulldoginDC, you can enter Play Now and have any two teams play against each other.  If you want the Stanley Cup celebration at the end of the game though, you'll need to enter Playoff Mode and sim to the Stanley Cup Final.

Message 2 of 5 (811 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks!!  But help -- does "sim" mean we need to play through the playoffs to get there?  Basically my 7-yr-old wants to play the Stanley Cup game and see the celebration.  We're huge Caps fans so that's the allure.  But we love the outdoor games and other parts of NHL 19, too.  It's our favorite game.

Message 3 of 5 (805 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA NHL Team

"Sim" means you'll need to simulate playoff rounds 1, 2, and 3.  You could play them manually if you want, but to get to the Stanley Cup Final faster, you can just simulate.

Here are a few things that may help speed this process up:

- When clicking Playoff Mode from the main menu, you can alter the settings prior to starting the mode.  I recommend you set the series length to Single Knockout.  This way, you only have to simulate one game per round.

- Save multiple save files in Playoff Mode.  This will be particularly helpful if the Caps lose when you simulate.  Then you can simply load another save file and try to simulate again, in hopes that they win.

Good luck!

Message 4 of 5 (802 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you!!

Message 5 of 5 (794 Views)