How is this not a Challenge Match?

by h0yl5oxunin4

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How is this not a Challenge Match?

★★★★★ Novice

You've got to be f---ing kidding me, right? This game is such a joke...

Message 1 of 40 (9,573 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How is this not a Challenge Match?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

For a challenge battle to occur, you must be within 4 levels of the league cap. You are in masters, the cap here is level 13. That means your army must be at least level 9 in total. Your Oxana, flametank and chem buggy are not level 9, so you do not meet the requirement. If they were level 9, it would have been a challenge battle.

This system is there to prevent low level players to get challenge battles nonstop. If the system wouldn't be there, you could literally never loose medals and would eventually climb, even with a level 5 army for example.

Tl;Dr: Level up Oxana, chem buggy and flametank one time each.

View in thread

Message 2 of 40 (9,521 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

For a challenge battle to occur, you must be within 4 levels of the league cap. You are in masters, the cap here is level 13. That means your army must be at least level 9 in total. Your Oxana, flametank and chem buggy are not level 9, so you do not meet the requirement. If they were level 9, it would have been a challenge battle.

This system is there to prevent low level players to get challenge battles nonstop. If the system wouldn't be there, you could literally never loose medals and would eventually climb, even with a level 5 army for example.

Tl;Dr: Level up Oxana, chem buggy and flametank one time each.

Message 2 of 40 (9,522 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

How the unit level difference is counted? A 10-10-9-10-10-10 (no training) army against a 10-11-12-12-11-10-10 (all with maxed training) is not a challenge match causing me the loss of 20 points?

Message 3 of 40 (9,513 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@TegliG wrote:

How the unit level difference is counted? A 10-10-9-10-10-10 (no training) army against a 10-11-12-12-11-10-10 (all with maxed training) is not a challenge match causing me the loss of 20 points?

I need to know what league you played that match in (for example masters) or else I can't calculate it.

Message 4 of 40 (9,504 Views)

My opinion. There shouldn’t be challenge battles at all. You get challenge battles if your opponent has a unit that you didn’t unlock yet.

If you start over and move up quickly , you will get challenge battles from the middle of Gold all the way up to Tiberium.  Every single game is a challenge battle. That’s broken and not supposed to be so. 

Message 5 of 40 (9,497 Views)

The way it should be is that you shouldn’t get promoted to the next league unless you have 6 units that are leveled up to within the league standards once you get there, 

Message 6 of 40 (9,494 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@xMaksuss thanks for this info, really helpful. I had no idea that challenges only started within that range. I just assumed if you were levelled sufficiently lower then it would be a challenge match. I will work on these levels in clone lab thx
Message 7 of 40 (9,485 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:

The way it should be is that you shouldn’t get promoted to the next league unless you have 6 units that are leveled up to within the league standards once you get there, 

I agree with this one, there are some players that choose to have low level units next to their high level ones. Imagine a level 4 pit-bull that's in the same team as a level 9 rhino, that's just plain ridiculous. The situation becomes worse when the rhino is forced to take the shots of a level 8 shatterer sine the shatterer can easily destroy the level 4 pit-bull. Any units that are way under-leveled for a league should be disabled. You can't use the unit for the best case scenario for that unit is that it'll get destroyed by what it counters.

Message 8 of 40 (9,466 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@xMaksuss Master III
Message 9 of 40 (9,451 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@TegliG wrote:
@xMaksussMaster III

@TegliG  Alright, here is the math:

For a higher-level-challenge battle to occur, ALL of the following 3 conditions must be met:

- Your army must be in the range of 4 levels of the league cap. You are in masters, that means your army must be at least level 9. Let's see your army: 10,10, 9, 10, 10, 10, ?(you didn't give me the level of your commander but that's ok). That means on average your army is level 9.8 (excluding 7. unit). That means you meet this condition. 

- The army of your enemy must be at least 1.5 levels higher than your army. You said his army was 10, 10, 10, 11, 11, 12, 12. That's 10.8 on average. Now we simply do 10.8-9.8=1.0. But the result must be 1.5 or higher. That means you don't meet this condition.

- The army of your enemy must be in the range of 1.5 levels of the league cap. This means his army must be 11.5 or higher in masters. But as we saw in the previous part, his army is level 10.8 on average. That means you don't meet this condition.

Conclusion: For a challenge battle to occur, you must meet all 3 points above. You don't meet 2, thus no challenge battle happens.

Also: medal gain/loss only depends on the medal difference of you two. If they are similar, winner gains 20, looser looses 20. This maxes out at about 200 medals I believe. In this case, if the player with the higher medal count wins, both gain/loose 8. But if the player with the lower medal count wins, both gain/loose 32.

Message 10 of 40 (9,444 Views)