Re: How does this game have bowling alleys but no pool tables?

by PugLove888

Original Post

How does this game have bowling alleys but no pool tables?

★ Apprentice

This absolutely baffles me. Who even goes ten-pin bowling these days anyway?

A pool table is one of the first things they should have considered when they made "mixology" a thing.

Poor form, Maxis.

Message 1 of 12 (6,477 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Kompletionist92, depending on where you live, bowling is still popular!Cool  There is a large bowling alley right by my house that is always crowded, despite there being other forms of entertainment nearby.  Also, it is a fantastic family activity! Party hat

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Mixology has been in TS4 since the beginning as one of the branches to the Culinary Career path.Thinking

But I agree with you in that we really could use pool tables in the game! Heart   Back when we had the chance to vote on a stuff Pack Theme, the vast majority voted for Laundry Day, but one of the options was an '80s style arcade.  That would have been the perfect opportunity for EA to introduce pool tables, but most people wanted laundry, so that isn't EA's fault! Raised eyebrow

But I think one of the main reasons we have bowling alleys in the game and not pool tables is because with bowling comes the wonderful bowling shirts and the Mid-Century Modern themed items! Standard smile  Until the Get Famous EP was released last Fall, the Bowling SP was our only source of the Mid-Century Modern design aesthetic that so many people love, especially builders!  As for the bowling shirts, not only are these clothing items appropriate for children and adults, both men and women love them (and we need as much clothing for males in the game as we can get!) Large smile

For the future, I think our best chance to get a pool table in the game would be with a University pack!  Fingers crossedWink

Happy Simming! 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 12 (6,455 Views)

★ Apprentice

Great response, @PugLove888 

I know Mixology was there from the start, I meant when they were making the base game and added in bars they should have thought "Gee, pool and "juice" sure would go together well"

I am actually very surprised that the Laundry Day Pack was voted for by fans. Sure it seems pretty strange not to have a laundry anywhere in the house but it's one more chore that's annoying enough in real life, in my opinion. To each their own, obviously!

I would have loved '80s arcade, I need more stuff to fill out my ridiculously oversized mancave/basement.

Message 3 of 12 (6,446 Views)

Champion

@Kompletionist92, true, they should have put pool tables in the Base Game, but then again they didn't even have swimming pools or ToddlersShocked  So, without the obviously necessary toddlers, the pool table just wasn't as important of something that wasn't included in the base game. Wink   But they would have made a great addition to Get Together!   That is where they messed up, IMHO. Wink

Laundry Day's gameplay is my least favorite pack, but I do really love the clothing, furniture and décor items in that pack, so in the end I think it was worth it.  Cool  But I prefer more of a fantasy approach to the Sims.  I wash clothes in real life and don't enjoy it, so I don't want to waste Sim time doing something I don't really like anyway.  But I did have fun when one of my sims caught fire from not cleaning the lint trap! ShockedLarge smile My Sim was fine after a shower, so all was good! Wink  

A lot of people also wanted non-controllable pets for TS4, at least from al the posts and polls that I saw.  It was about 3/4 of the people, while I was in the 1/4 minority who wanted to be able to play as our pets, like we did in TS3.  I actually prefer TS4 to TS3,  but controllable pets was one of the best things about TS3!  DogCat

The arcade pack would have been much more fun than the laundry pack.Party hat Besides, I've have seen people make washers and dryers before Laundry Day was released by using the " bb.moveobjects on " cheat and then using "9" and "0" to scale up the size of a pool light to look like the front of a washer or dryer.  It's pretty clever, really! :

05-16-19_2-10-36 AM.png05-16-19_2-10-46 AM.png

Message 4 of 12 (6,439 Views)

★ Apprentice

Those DIY washer/driers are very clever, it's a shame I'm on PS4 so I can't do any creative stuff like that.

I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that eventually an expansion will have pool tables I guess.

I actually had to do some Googling to confirm that they weren't just in a pack I don't have yet.

As for pets, I definitely prefer the pets uncontrollable. It gives them a personality of their own and it's more true to life. I love my "catcoon" with all of its flaws and habits.

Message 5 of 12 (6,435 Views)

Champion

@Kompletionist92, Ah, PS4!  I guess you don't have a Move Objects cheat then? Wondering  I have a relative that plays on Xbox,   While those DIY washers/dryers don't have any function, I love them because they give you the look of washer/dryers with out the hassle! :eahigh_file:  

Yeah, I can see how not having all the packs could have made you think that you just didn't have the pack that contained the pool table.Raised eyebrow The dart board came with Get Together and I think the Foosball table did as well.  I just don't understand why the pool table wasn't included in this pack! Wondering

See, I told you I was in the minority with wanting controllable pets! Large smileEmbarrassed  The thing with controllable pets is that you don't have to control them if you don't want to.  Just play with humans in control.Cool  But with uncontrollable pets, I have no options! Devil  (Unless I get a Mod, but I don't play with Mods since they have a lot of maintenance and I don't want to be bothered with it!  Sick )  

Is your "Catcoon" the "racoon" that is really a cat, or is a cross between a "racoon" and a cat?  I have a family with both a "racoon" and a "fox"! Party hat

Message 6 of 12 (6,427 Views)

★ Apprentice

So the game even has Foosball tables? They could at least have had air-hockey tables or something that people are likely to actually use at a party.

As for my catcoon, he's a cross-breed between a raccoon and a cat, I'll take a picture after work. :3

Now I want a fox, didn't know they were in the game. What about wolves?

Message 7 of 12 (6,412 Views)

Champion

@Kompletionist92, Yes TS4 has Foosball tables! Cool   I don't know which is more popular in all the parts of the world: pool tables, air-hockey, or foosball tables. Wondering  But I do know that the TV show "Friends" had a foosball table, and that show is really popular still, in reruns! Heart   Air hockey is one of my favorites! Party hat

The foxes in the game are found in the dog breeds, just like the racoons are found in the cat breeds! :eahigh_file:  But there are no wolves. Frown  If you notice on the dogs and cats voice pitch changer in CAP on the upper left side, there are options to make your dog or cat sound like fox or racoon.  

I would love to see a picture of your Catcoon whenever you can! Angel

Message 8 of 12 (6,405 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Here's my catcoon, named Dex Starr.

I basically copied an idea I saw online and made my own "red panda" by cross breeding a cat with a raccoon and then painting it.

How did you embed those images? Does this site work with imgur?/imgtc?

Message 9 of 12 (6,399 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Kompletionist92, I love the coloring you did on your Catcoon!Heart  It really does look like a red panda! Cool  Really gorgeous! :eahigh_file:  Thanks for the pics! :angel:

As for embedding the images. they are taken directly from my game screenshots folder! Cool (The ones located in your "Sims 4" folder and from there they are in the "Screenshots" folder.  But to use them I just go to the editing bar (the black bar at the top of a post or reply where you add italics, bold, emojis, etc.)  The button looks like a box with mountains and the sun in it , and it says "Insert/edit image" when you hover your cursor over it.  Click on it and it will bring up a big box that is titled "Add Image" ==> click on the "Browse" button on the top right side.  This will bring up any in-game pictures you have taken with the control screen camera, or by pressing "C" while in the game. (It will not include any pictures that you take with the "PrtSc" (Print Screen) button on your keyboard! Raised eyebrow )

From there you will be able to scroll through all your in-game pics (You can adjust the thumbnail size for easier viewing; mine is as large as it can go so I can find certain pics easier!)  The pictures are arranged with in order of month, but the years will be all mixed together. Select a picture and click on the "Open" button on the bottom right side.  Wait a few moments for the picture to load at the bottom of that previous  big box called "Add Image".  Mine only shows the top, an some times there is a big pink "X", but I can still upload my picture -- so , whenever I see something loaded or the big pink X , I then press the "Insert Image" button on the right hand side, and in a moment or two you will see your picture in your post! :eahigh_file:  

It sounds harder than it really is.  I'm not that tech savvy and I can manage it! EmbarrassedLarge smile  This is the only way I know how to add pictures, since I don't use imgur. Large smile   But I just realized that you play on a Console, so I don't know if or how this information can help you!!! OopsEmbarrassedDisappointed  I'm sorry about that! Frown

Message 10 of 12 (6,370 Views)