Re: How do you stop aging in Sims 4?

by rumbutter

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do you stop aging in Sims 4?

★★★★★ Novice

I just started playing Sims 4 and would like to stop my Sims aging.  What do I do?

Message 1 of 21 (468,580 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

when in game click on the three dots...go  to the game options-game play options  you can set the aging on/off there

View in thread

Message 2 of 21 (554,499 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

when in game click on the three dots...go  to the game options-game play options  you can set the aging on/off there

Message 2 of 21 (554,500 Views)

★★★ Novice
Is it possible to stop aging on certain Sims?
I have a family and would like the children to grow but not the parents.
Message 3 of 21 (451,501 Views)

@norahpreetzmann you can turn aging off in the options, when you want someone to grow up after that you can do that through a cake.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 21 (451,481 Views)

★★★ Novice
I figured that out but I was searching for another way 😊
Message 5 of 21 (451,426 Views)

★★ Novice

Through a cake?

Message 6 of 21 (326,457 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes through a cake... There are a couple of actions associated with cakes that age up your Sim. As far as I can remember this includes blowing out the candles, etc - when you hover over the available actions for a cake you will see which ones age up. If you want to eat the cake without getting older, I think you have to remove the candles first.

Message 7 of 21 (323,483 Views)

Champion

I play with aging off. I'm 55 and I've had enough of aging and dying... I want to play my web of sims and enjoy them or shelf them in limbo for a while... or occasionally delete someone. My ongoing 'storylines/adventures' are many times branched off of the Sims I have worked with for many Sims years, or their offspring or family tree. Occasionally a created or game Sim works their way into my plan. It's a pretty fun mix, though somewhat 'type A'. Works for me. Wink That's something I really like about this game. There are many ways to play it, many ways to mix it up, and many ways to challenge yourself and by extension your Sims. 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 8 of 21 (323,387 Views)

Champion

@SheriGR, I agree!  While I'm a more type B personality in real life, I am very type A when it comes to my Sims! Large smile  In real life we think we have control only to find out how little control we really have, so I am a control-freak with my Sims! Embarrassed

The only way I can achieve this to my satisfaction is to play with many Save Games, usually with each one devoted to one household! :eahigh_file:  There are a few that if I can't decide which direction to send them in I might play a duplicate version where they live in an alternate universe doing something very different! Wink  But mostly I do this to control their aging.  I want to be present for all of my Sims' major life-milestones!  I also will play some families with different lifespan setting, but mostly I play the "long life" setting. So far I've turned off ageing for the rest of the world, but I'm thinking of trying auto-aging for them, just to see which I really like better. Wink

But that is one of the great things about the Sims … you can play the way you want to! Heart

Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 21 (323,378 Views)

Champion

@PugLove888 wrote:

@SheriGR, I agree!  While I'm a more type B personality in real life, I am very type A when it comes to my Sims! Large smile  In real life we think we have control only to find out how little control we really have, so I am a control-freak with my Sims! Embarrassed

The only way I can achieve this to my satisfaction is to play with many Save Games, usually with each one devoted to one household! :eahigh_file:  There are a few that if I can't decide which direction to send them in I might play a duplicate version where they live in an alternate universe doing something very different! Wink  But mostly I do this to control their aging.  I want to be present for all of my Sims' major life-milestones!  I also will play some families with different lifespan setting, but mostly I play the "long life" setting. So far I've turned off ageing for the rest of the world, but I'm thinking of trying auto-aging for them, just to see which I really like better. Wink

But that is one of the great things about the Sims … you can play the way you want to! Heart

Happy Simming! Party hat

@PugLove888 Yup... once I started a 2nd game for testing new builds and popped in some of my saved household things got rather bizarre sometimes when going back and forth. Totally feel like the new ones are living in the 'upside-down'. Hahahaha... I am considering aging my original couple a bit in a separate household, but for now I just added some grey streaked hair to them instead. I get bored too quickly just running the two of them in a household, though, since they are uber-skilled and I can keep them busy and start new careers and all, but just running 2 people at a time is too easy. Kinda parallels my real-life in that manner... we own a duplex, and all of our adult children live here at this time, and we live communally. It works out great. We don't 'parent' them, and they live as they would in an apartment in the basement or next door. Pooling resources is awesome, plus there is so much social support and interaction - or privacy if you choose. I LOVE it!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 10 of 21 (323,339 Views)