How do end-of-season resets work?

by xMaksuss

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do end-of-season resets work?

★★★★★ Guide

So I COULD just wait 2 weeks and just see for myself what happens at the end of a season, but I can't wait and I'm  just gonna ask some questions now:

1. How does the end of a season affect non-tiberium leagues?

In the profile tab it says something like "resets in XX days", so I guess it does reset each season. But where will I be send after the reset? Back to iron 3 or to  "my devision"-3? Will the chests that I have collected on the map reset aswell? I really hope that it resets all the way so I can earn some more crates.

2. How does the end of a season affect tiberium league?

The description of the tiberium league says "players who have reached this league cannot have their medals reduced below 3700" (3700 is Tiberium league minimum) and also "At the end of the season, all players who have reached the Tiberium League will have their medals reset to 3700". Now what I'm asking myself: because the medals get reset to 3700 andalso you cannot drop out of tiberium league by loosing... how do you drop out of it at all? It seems like once you are there, there is absolutely no way to leave it. Which is kinda sad tbh.

Message 1 of 4 (450 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How do end-of-season resets work?

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @xMaksuss,

Currently, the monthly season tracks your wins and highest medal count for each faction, with that information stored on your profile page, and a medal reset for those who are in the Tiberium League.

What you're thinking of is a reset where a player's rank/medal count gets adjusted to a lower league. That's something that is planned for the future, but it's not live quite yet.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (422 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide

Hello @xMaksuss!

1. How does the end of a season affect non-tiberium leagues?

A: Currently, it has no effect on non-tiberium leagues!

2. How does the end of a season affect tiberium league?

All tiberium players are reset back to the beginning of tiberium league (3,700 medals) for any factions they have in tiberium.

So basically if you have 1 faction in tib league, it goes back to 3,700 while the one not in tib leage is unchanged. If you have both your factions in tib league they both go back down to 3,700 medals. This is to assist with matchmaking times, and give newer players to tib league a chance to chase that #1 position. 

Hope that helps, let me know if I missed anything, or if something remains unclear!

Message 2 of 4 (441 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Umm, does that mean the seasons dont really do anything? So if I hit a new rank once, I stay there forever (with stay there forever I mean I will never be in the lower ranks again)? I dont really like this...

Message 3 of 4 (432 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @xMaksuss,

Currently, the monthly season tracks your wins and highest medal count for each faction, with that information stored on your profile page, and a medal reset for those who are in the Tiberium League.

What you're thinking of is a reset where a player's rank/medal count gets adjusted to a lower league. That's something that is planned for the future, but it's not live quite yet.

Message 4 of 4 (423 Views)