Re: How do I put a house on a rooftop?

by SheriGR

Original Post

How do I put a house on a rooftop?

★ Novice

I have a house from the gallery that I want to put on a rooftop (kinda like a penthouse) but I want to put it in Newcrest.

1) How do I place a Gallery house onto a rooftop?

2) How do I put a skyscraper/penthouse/tall building onto a new plot?

My issues: if i build my own base/building, I can't put a house from the gallery on top of it or else it'll delete what I've built. If I place a rooftop home/bar onto a new lot it simply sits on the ground and doesn't come with the big building. 

** City Living Expansion Pack Required (I believe) **

Message 1 of 4 (1,773 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@shrimpworm Unfortunately a few things come into play in what you want that are barriers...

• You cannot place anything from the gallery on the rooftop except a room... Unless you are placing a penthouse, as it places like a regular lot - so you can either place a home there or a room. A penthouse is treated like a house.
  • If you place a house or a build classified as a lot it will replace the entire lot. 
  • You can only place, edit or save as rooms in apartments in the city.

Now I have done this the opposite to get a goal a bit like you are aiming for... If you place the home you want on top you can then do a few things to get it on the roof:

• Place the home in a large lot and move it to one side. Build a simple framework of the other floors you want to add. Then on the top floor move the home room by room like a puzzle to the top floor(s). (Not sure if the first floor ones will need to be saved as rooms first then moved in - I would have to experiment about that...)
  • Do as above but save each room from the home you want on top into your library and re-assemble it later like a puzzle on the roof.

Afterward you can move  to a smaller lot if you like. Other methods would be more complicated to explain. Let me know how it goes.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 4 (1,763 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

thank you!!! there is one issue i discovered, however. when moving the house to the side to build the base, it will not drag on top because it wont change levels. The only way (so far) that i have been able to elevate the building is if i attach another building to it and increase them both (but its not as tall as the other building and its rather unpleasant). will try the other method soon!!

Message 3 of 4 (1,749 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@kitkatz127 Yes, you will need to move it room by room. You may need to save the rooms to your library to do this.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 4 of 4 (1,742 Views)