How can we get more people playing #FridayNightBattlefield?

by SG4HiSpeedJnkie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How can we get more people playing #FridayNightBattlefield?

★★ Guide

Hope this is ok to post.

I've played FND in the past but was on servers not listed on the website, my mistake but I still had fun. Last week I was on #FridayNightBattlefield Official #6 US East and had the most fun night of gaming since the first week I bought Battlefield 1. Both sides had skilled VIPs to knife, if you could, and it was just a good time all around. They didn't jump in tank or planes so you actually had a chance to get the dog tag and they didn't make it easy either. Unfortunately out of the 4 hours I played the server was only full for an hour. This leads to my questions.

How do we get more people involved? I think people get scared off by joining servers that are not listed on the site and think it's a scam or something. If you are not familiar you should check it out sometime. 

Here is the link to the website with the server listings, Teamspeak info and Twitch info: http://www.fridaynightbattlefield.com/ 

Make sure you join the right server and knife a VIP then post the screenshot on Twitter tagging #FridayNightBattlefield and I learned it helps to tag the Twitter of the VIP you knife. 

Hope to see more people out there!

Message 1 of 8 (474 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How can we get more people playing #FridayNightBattlefield?

EA Community Manager

Hey @SG4HiSpeedJnkie,

of course it is okay to post. And it is a good question indeed.

It is a weekly community event where you can play with your fellow EA Community Managers, AHQ Heroes, Forumfielders and Battleloggers. Glad to hear you were having fun last week. From personal experience there can be quite a queue when it starts on the European server (9 pm UTC // 2PM PDT). 

The best way to get more people playing is probably the simplest one: If you enjoy it and want to share the fun, just spread the word. Tell your friends to come say hi and play a round, be it on Origin, XBox One or PS4 - we'll be there.

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (470 Views)

All Replies

EA Community Manager

Hey @SG4HiSpeedJnkie,

of course it is okay to post. And it is a good question indeed.

It is a weekly community event where you can play with your fellow EA Community Managers, AHQ Heroes, Forumfielders and Battleloggers. Glad to hear you were having fun last week. From personal experience there can be quite a queue when it starts on the European server (9 pm UTC // 2PM PDT). 

The best way to get more people playing is probably the simplest one: If you enjoy it and want to share the fun, just spread the word. Tell your friends to come say hi and play a round, be it on Origin, XBox One or PS4 - we'll be there.

Message 2 of 8 (471 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Glad to here that....can you  help me with this "Fog Of Way?"  it is hurting not only my eyes but others also? I made a post about this on the forums here, hoping to get some kind of suggestions on what to do, can you help?
The poblem is, the fog of war seems to just turn up the Contrast Level to mimic the Fog....that actually is really harmful in Studies that have taken place in the past on Eye Strain.

Do you have any type of suggestions on how to, "Opt out" maybe, if not, Eyeglasses that have a colored type of tint to it to reduce the heavy contrast?

Thanks.

Anything would be appreciated by the Lowered Vision type of people that have already paid dearly for eye strain unexpectedly.

p.s.

The "Fog of War" is also Similar to what is know as "SnowBllindness" that typically occurs when  the eye is under tremendous strain.

Also....when the fog starts...it actually burn/stings my eyes, and others that I have talked to recently. that have been open and honest about this too.

thx

Message 3 of 8 (452 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yep....I agree.......the way the MP Listing for servers is right now is "Ridiculous" as it does not list all of the Game Servers similar in the way that it did in Battlefield 4..

I am at   odds trying to find servers sometimes that are active, only to find a TON of LIVE servers, not on the MP lisiings, but by "WORD OF MOUTH"  on a Teamspeak Channel

It Laughable guys!! HA HA HA

Why is it that ONLY the DICE Servers usually show on the main MP Pages?

Shouldn't "ALL" of the servers be listed Irregardless of whether is is a "RENTED SERVER" of and Official one?
People that are playing BF1 and have paid , don't really care who owns the Server, just that its EASY  to find....

You should not have to buy a "Phone Book" to find a number on the Telephone..

The same theory applies in the gaming community too.

Thanks, (whew)

Message 4 of 8 (449 Views)

★★ Guide

Hi EA_Joker!  Thanks for replying. The server does get pretty full but It would be nice to see it have a queue of people so every game was fully populated. No matter how many people were on the server it was a fun time and I am looking forward to heading back each Friday with some of my Platoon. 

Message 5 of 8 (436 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Joker Hi mate, so i want to ask that what happen when i already claimed the FNB dog tag and i knife the VIP again? Can i get another FNB dog tag or something else? Standard smile

Message 6 of 8 (427 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @jok3rzye,

if you already do have the dog tag: congratulations. If you came for the dog tag, you should stick around for the fun. You can knife the VIP, but there's only one dog tag.

But as Sp0der put it:

"Invite your friends, squad, family, classmates and even your enemies (so you can steal their tags!), because playing with friends is the best way to experience Battlefield!"

That pretty much sums it up. Plus the teamspeak is pretty entertaining as well.

- See you guys next week!

Message 7 of 8 (421 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I want to go to ts aswell but my eng. is not so good for ts :D but i will try it and see you there :D thanks for the answer Standard smile

Message 8 of 8 (417 Views)