Re: How can I buy Sims 4 in English?

by DanilDanilov

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

This is utterly ridiculous! I will never download any games from you until you work out this issue!

Why do something the easy way when you can do things complicated, right? Outraging!

Message 11 of 21 (2,024 Views)

★★ Novice

Two years after the launch of the game, and this problem has never been solved... cool, EA, very cool. (NOT.) I just bought the game, didn't even think to check what were the offered languages because it's just an industry standard that, whatever the additional local languages added, English is always provided. But turns out EA is not on the industry standard. I requested a refund, I will not play this game in Polish. I find it ridiculous that EA has done it so. And now instead of buying the game straight from EA, I will perhaps go and buy it on secondary market, to make sure it is in my preferred language.

Message 12 of 21 (1,913 Views)

★ Apprentice

They released Toddlers for free but they won't release English language pack, something they already made anyway, even as a "dlc". Haven't played the game for a while because seeing Polish just annoys me and I quit with a feeling of regret, bitterness, disappointment and frustration. I'd love to play with Toddlers. I'd love to get DLC with vampires that's coming out soon. But with how EA treats this issue, it looks like I'd be wiser to wait until Sims 5 are out instead, then probably pay my friend in US to get the game so I can play it in English.

It's ridiculous, it's sad and it's making me angry as I'm diving deeper and deeper into Google search pages, looking for a way to english-fy my game that I just cannot enjoy because of where I was born and where I have to live now.

Message 13 of 21 (1,836 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey "admin" nothing to say!!!???

I don`t know Russian language.

[Edited by EA_Mai: keep in mind our first rule]

I know Altai & a little bit English language.

I don`t ask you  localize Sims 4 on Altai.

I & hundreds of people ask you - WE NEED ORIGINAL LANGUAGE!!!

Just few hours ago I want buy al DLC, but now I delete origin and I newer buy EA games in future.

Message 14 of 21 (1,814 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

2017 - still no solution. EA congrats!

Just bought the game and already requested refund. That's ridiculous! Why on Earth I can not play English version? What's wrong with you guys? I need a reply from tech support!

[Edited by EA_Mai: swearing removed, please check the forum rules]

Message 15 of 21 (1,731 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It's mid 2018 and still no solution. I used to play The Sims 3 in English, now I moved to the Sims 4, and guest what? I have to play it in Polish... It's ridiculous. I hate the Polish names of the townies, I hate the dreadful messages and notifications. I want to use custom content traits but guess what? They're in ENGLISH ONLY. Omg... 

Message 16 of 21 (1,476 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@ANANANANANANANAZ

See the answer by EA number 2 posting in this thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 17 of 21 (1,463 Views)

★ Guide

Hey! It's 2020 - and we're still like cavemen who can't use any language except one EA willed to sell to us!

As a person living in Belarus I can only thank EA for giving me a choice between PL and CZ instead of, let's say, Turkish and Lithuanian!

And one more reason to NOT buy anything EVER from Origin!

What's next? Region-locked clothes for our characters?

Message 18 of 21 (913 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@eustacecs Don't give them any suggestions. Tongue out
Message 19 of 21 (901 Views)

★ Guide
A small follow up.

Trying external tools to implant English into RU/PL/CZ version _will_ fail.

DLCs from RU/PL/CZ version will carry over to EN version without need in re-purchasing - however:

1. It may be changed at any time,

2. If you reinstall the game, you'll have to wait for base game download, restart Origin then select language for each and every DLC you're trying to download (there'll be a plenty of pop-ups for it).
Message 20 of 21 (845 Views)