Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

How can I buy Sims 4 in English?

by VarHyid

Original Post

Highlighted

How can I buy Sims 4 in English?

★★★★ Novice

I'm in Poland, even though I have "English" set in Origin's settings, the content inside Origin is always Polish, at the bottom of the page I see another language seleciton field and guess what - it has ONE option - Polish.

So I go to the store, check out Sims 4 and see: "Supported languages - Czech, Polish, Russian". Does that mean that because of my location I'm not allowed to buy this game in English or is English always there as an option and the 3 languages mentioned in teh description are an additional choice aside from English?

Message 1 of 20 (3,667 Views)

Re: How can I buy Sims 4 in English?

Community Manager

No, that version is restricted to Czech, Polish and Russian.

The way around this would be to order a physical version from an area which has EN available.

Message 2 of 20 (3,643 Views)

★★★★ Novice

OK so, to make this clear - EA will not sell me a digital English version of Sims 4, right? And if so - is there any real reason for that? I mean, I could understand the other way around, if someone would want a localized version and there wouldn't be one, but English? That's the "original", right? Why would anyone want to not include it, especially if there are 2 other languages included in this version? I don't get it :-(

Message 3 of 20 (3,626 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Oh and one more thing - IF i would buy a physical copy (which I definitely won't, if I won't get an English digital copy, I don't want any other), then if there would be any downloadable content for Sims 4, would it work with an English physical copy or would I then also not be allowed to get it because ... reasons?

Message 4 of 20 (3,622 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Any comments? Will downloadable content work if I would buy a physical English copy and have Origin forced to use Polish for some reason?

Message 5 of 20 (3,569 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Still waiting for a reply - will downloadable content purchased via Origin (where an English version is not sold) work with a physical English copy of the game?

Message 6 of 20 (3,510 Views)

Community Manager

As far as I know the DLC won't be language/region restricted, but I'm waiting for a confirmation before I can give a 100% solid "yes".

Message 7 of 20 (3,502 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same problem here.

I was actually considering applying for the 24 hours refund policy (a bit too late for that now), as the game (for me) is unplayable in Polish. What sounds fun in English sounds nauseous in Polish. Also - I can't find the info anywhere if a copy bought outside Poland (like British Amazon) would actually let me play in English or will it "switch" to the local version when added to Origin from my local ip? This also needs explaining.

At this point I'll be happy to actually pay extra for the option to play in English legally if there was one. But there isn't! It really sucks that I'm even considering this, but I want to play the original game in its original language and I just don't get why I'm not allowed to buy it legally.

Funny thing - I made it sort of work (some texts still display in Polish, the rest is in English) using both cracked launcher and cracked language pack. Yes, perhaps it's in the "grey zone", but consider this - I "pirated" my ORIGINAL game to make it playable. I bought the game legally, directly on Origin, on the launch day, just to be forced to seek semi-legal solutions to make it playable.

Bare in mind I'll be happy with region language lock, but in Poland it's only Polish, Czech, Russian. There are many foreigners here and English is their desired language, as they obviously don't speak the other two as well. What about them? Also not allowed to play the original game in the language they understand, just because they happen to live in Poland. Why?

Message 8 of 20 (3,492 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

David - thanks for the info, looking forward for the confirmation :-)

Vinegaria - my thoughts exactly, to me it's just unimaginable. The logical part of my brain is unable to process this - how can any company using the internet to sell their products, not utilize the fantastic opportunity to offer ANY product in ANY form based on the fact that it's a global network?

I understand that there are some legal issues and, for example, in Poland every product sold here requires to have a Polish "manual" (as in - an imported food needs to have the ingredients listed also in Polish), but there is absolutely no law that would prevent you from giving a different language as an additional option. In fact - you're doing it already, you're offering Czech and Russian so... why not the "original" English?

To make it clear, no one is saying that there shouldn't be an OPTION for different languages - sure there should, not everyone speaks English, but not having it there at all is just weird to say at least. And the lack of an explanation why English isn't there is also not helping. Obviosuly, people like reasoning and not knowing the reason is upsetting :-( I know for sure that law can't be the reason because I bought Battlefield 4 through Origin and it's in English so its not like you are not allowed to put it there, but at the same time, I can't imagine that this would be a conscious free choice made by EA because it goes against any business rules - limiting your own sales, why would anyone do that?

Message 9 of 20 (3,480 Views)

Community Manager

I have word that DLC shouldn't be affected by the language version that is being played.

Message 10 of 20 (3,465 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help