Re: How about the unicorn chomper?

by dwooten77

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How about the unicorn chomper?

★★★ Apprentice

Would like to ask EA if they would ever let players other than the core of the GW players to have it?  I would like to request EA to put in new trials or whatever so that before the advent of GW3 the destiny of the unicorn chomper is sealed. I would not like to start GW3 without completing the game as I see it, meaning not without the unicorn chomper. I would invite other gamers to follow my initiative so that EA gives it a true consideration. I do not think that I am the only one who want the unicorn chomper, but on the other hand let encourage EA to put up trials so that we can unlock the unicorn chomper, even if it is a modified one, we should content us of it to distinguish ourself from the our "forefathers" of GW. Thoughts and opinions are welcomed!

Message 1 of 12 (3,069 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)
This has been an ongoing debate for quite some time. I personally, could care less if they offered it to everyone. Early in the game I believed it should be exclusive only. Enough time has gone by to where I don’t think it’s a big deal anymore. Even though you can not obtain him permanently, you can still master him through mystery portals. I think there was even a showcase on him. I can’t say when it will happen again soon, but I’m sure the opportunity will rise again.

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (3,936 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)
This has been an ongoing debate for quite some time. I personally, could care less if they offered it to everyone. Early in the game I believed it should be exclusive only. Enough time has gone by to where I don’t think it’s a big deal anymore. Even though you can not obtain him permanently, you can still master him through mystery portals. I think there was even a showcase on him. I can’t say when it will happen again soon, but I’m sure the opportunity will rise again.
Message 2 of 12 (3,937 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I do want to point out that as time goes on the mystery portals and hero showcase will likely disappear. (As they did in GW1) At that point they MUST rerelease it to everyone or 5455 will be permanently out of grasp.

Message 3 of 12 (2,913 Views)

I'm sure quite a lot of thought has gone into the unicorn chomper issue over at popcap as they (presumably) develop the third game.  What they will decide, who knows?  It'll probably anger a bunch of people whatever they decide to do.

Message 4 of 12 (2,893 Views)

★★★ Guide

@pandareno1999wrote:

I'm sure quite a lot of thought has gone into the unicorn chomper issue over at popcap as they (presumably) develop the third game.  What they will decide, who knows?  It'll probably anger a bunch of people whatever they decide to do.

Hopefully, that means they learned their lesson for the next one.

Message 5 of 12 (2,841 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

If you didn't play (and max) GW1, then you don't get access to Unicorn Chomper. Why is this so difficult to understand? You can still max your game. However YOUR game will have a different max than someone else's. That's ok. Plenty of games have exclusive content. That's literally what exclusive means. Let it go. Play Unicorn when it's available in the mix modes and max it that way if it's that important. 

Unicorn isn't a part of the "standard game," to which you are being denied. Rather, Unicorn is exclusive extra content that people that played and beat GW1 get in addition to the normal content.

Message 6 of 12 (2,741 Views)

★★ Novice
My personal opinion that unicorn chomper should be able to everyone, but as legendary character, you know, to keep some exclusivity in owning it.
Message 7 of 12 (2,590 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Personal opinion, - I have played this game for a long time while helping others get ranking and in GW1 no one was playing to GET the Unicorn Chomper it was a gift near the end of the GW1 game for those who had achieved max rank on ALL their MAIN characters, as there were no Legendary or Party characters.  If anyone makes Max rank on ALL the MAIN characters in GW2 what is the difference as they also made MAX rank just as others did in GW1 and because it was done a 2nd time doesn't get you another reward, or is there an expectation POPCAP will reward for getting ranking again?  Legendary and Party characters should not be a part of the decision as they were new to GW2 and the pack drop rate may make it impossible for many to get all characters if there is to be a GW3.  It would be nice if they had a way of showing a difference such as a different color Chomper for GW2 or a number 2 on the Chomper to show it came from GW2.  Perhaps they should not have it carry over into GW3 if there is much of a controversy and not give anything for achievements made in GW2 either.  It still takes nearly 500 hours to rank up all the MAIN characters in GW2 so it isn't an easy task even if they seem to rank up easier than in GW1.  I look at things from the length of time played and not only achievements.  I wonder how many who ended up with Unicorn made a rush to get him after they found out he had been given in GW1 because they had not Maxed out the characters but had only been playing favorites up until he came out?  Many playing the game now may not ever Max out if GW3 comes out anytime soon.

Message 8 of 12 (2,562 Views)

★ Guide

What will the maxnumber be if you dont have the UniChomper?

Message 9 of 12 (2,531 Views)

@Berit wrote:

What will the maxnumber be if you dont have the UniChomper?

5410 unless I remember wrongly.

Message 10 of 12 (2,514 Views)