How about the next Battlefield in Vietnam

by Texasheel

Original Post

How about the next Battlefield in Vietnam

★★★ Newbie

I believe the last time EA addressed this war was in 2004 with Battlefield: Vietnam and in 2010 with Bad Comany as a expansion pack. So basically 14 years since a complete game. And to my knowledge Call of Duty (I know it isnt your franchise) has never staged a game in Vietnam.  There is a lot of material and geography to work with. Urban (city), villages, jungles, underground tunnels, small forts/outposts, rivers, hills, p.o.w. camps, abandoned temples, and air combat.   Multiple different forces (NVA, Viet Cong, Chinese, US Forces including Special Forces (Green Beret, SEALs, Rangers), Australians, ROK soldiers (Republic of Korea), South Vietnam Army, Cambodian Army, and Montagnard Warriors(indigenous).  The weapons from the era are the basis for our current technology and some are still in use M16, M60, and AK47.  Potential for riverboat fighting, helicopter gunships, aerial dog fights (jets).  As well as * traps, land mines, claymores, and napalm.  Possible expansion packs for fighting in Cambodia and Laos on the Ho Chi Minh Trail.  I think it would give a developer a lot to work with for a campaign story as well as multiplayer games.  Just saying it would be a nice change from the World War and current terrorist or futuristic type games.  I will probably bring that up with Activision (Call of Duty), but of course I prefer the Battlefield platform.

Message 1 of 5 (881 Views)

Re: How about the next Battlefield in Vietnam

Champion (Retired)

Good suggestion. I was hoping they would make this too after the big upgrade on plant graphics done in Star Wars Battlefront (by Dice games). Also besides the technical difficulties seen in BF: Vietnam back then it was not a bad game at all compared to games like Crisis that had very limited multiplayer capabilities. Also The old game Vietcong and Purple Haze upgrade were awesome (isn't EA franchise) to play and the atmosphere was very very nice. Another great jungle game was the Japanese bamboo houses in CoD: World War and fighting along the river sides in the dark. Hope we can expect one new Vietnam BF-game around 2021?

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 2 of 5 (843 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oh yeah and the soundtrack would be epic if it is anything like the movies like Platoon, Full Metal Jacket, Apocolypse Now, etc...

Message 3 of 5 (819 Views)

★★★★ Novice
If they ever do make a vietnam battlefield game i would love to play it since i never did play the bad company version also they should really add fortunate son by ccr and maybe a few easter eggs from vietnam war movies like full metal jacket , like the helmet joker had with born to kill and a peace sign i think that would be so awesome
Message 4 of 5 (776 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Texasheel you mean like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrjkT5Z8JP8 

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 5 of 5 (768 Views)