Re: Hotfix - Kodiak and Mohawk Gunship

by DarkGarithos

Original Post

Hotfix - Kodiak and Mohawk Gunship

Community Manager (retired)

Commander,
A few issues were found with the Balance Update on June 5. We are addressing those issues with a hotfix.

Kodiak
The introduction of Raider also introduced a bug where the Kodiak was able to attack selected units when they were outside one-tile range. To fix this issue, we are removing Raider from the Kodiak.
- Reverted the recent Kodiak changes. This unit no longer has Raider

Mohawk Gunship
We want Raider to work smoother for the Mohawk Gunship. A slight tuning change should make this function better.
- Fixed an issue so the Mohawk Gunship Raider would fire consistently when aligning the turret to an enemy unit.

Message 1 of 11 (914 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@EA_dance210 wrote:

Kodiak
The introduction of Raider also introduced a bug where the Kodiak was able to attack selected units when they were outside one-tile range.

I have always wondered how this is implemented, how the game checks for the distance between two units. It is very easy to do when both units are standing still, but when one or both are moving, then it does not seem so easy anymore. How to account for units that are in-between two hex tiles?

Message 2 of 11 (887 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I still notice units shoot out of range, not only Kodiak, after your “hotfix”

Message 3 of 11 (848 Views)

★★ Guide
I think this has been a problem for awhile. Kodiak was just quite a bit worse than usual.
Message 4 of 11 (836 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Laser troopers got crazy tooo. I don't think it would happen before the patch. Obviously they screwed something else.

Message 5 of 11 (824 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@xrmiao4 I meant to post this screenshot of this halfway across the board Disruptor shot a while back and forgot to, lmao

Message 6 of 11 (811 Views)

★★★★ Guide

And this is from a split second before the shot just to better show just how far away the shot came from...

Message 7 of 11 (806 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for the video @xrmiao4, I'll pass that along.

Message 8 of 11 (732 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_dance210 i am using mohawk instead of orca but i didnt see any changes or different? still the same, mohawk have to stop moving before can do firing.
Message 9 of 11 (675 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@DarkGarithos wrote:
@EA_dance210i am using mohawk instead of orca but i didnt see any changes or different? still the same, mohawk have to stop moving before can do firing.

It can fire while moving, but the angle has to be almost perfect so you will almost never do it intentionally.

But it will happen sometimes by accident. 

I can confirm that mohawk has raider, but it‘s really, REALLY weird.

Message 10 of 11 (669 Views)