Re: Hot To Get Featured Video On BF1 Menu?

by EA_Joker

Original Post

Hot To Get Featured Video On BF1 Menu?

★★★ Newbie

Hey I just made an awesome video from CTE Air Superiority maps and I'd like to see if it could be featured to promote the mode. Super excited for it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRxtZM2pX6I&feature=youtu.be

Message 1 of 6 (2,047 Views)

★ Guide

I would also be interested in finding out how one makes the videos in the first instance.

Message 2 of 6 (2,010 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Hi @MujiXxX that differs per platform. I'm on PS4 so I can explain how to do it on there.

Via the SHARE button on your controller you can save clips or screenshots while gaming.

Basic operation of the SHARE button

Press: Display the menu for the Share feature.
To share immediately, select [Video Clip] or [Screenshot]. The video clip or screenshot is also saved at the same time. 
To save without uploading, select [Save Video Clip] or [Save Screenshot].

Press and Hold: Take a screenshot.
When you press and hold the button, a screenshot is taken and a frame with camera icon (finished) appears in the upper left corner of the screen.
Use this when you want to take a screenshot without displaying the menu.

Press Twice: Start or stop recording a video clip.
Start or stop recording gameplay.
This is convenient when there is a specific scene you want to save.

To change how the SHARE button works, select  (Settings) > [Sharing and Broadcasts] > [SHARE Button Control Type]. Here you can alter for example the default clip lenght you wish to store. So you can save a clip retrospectively by pressing the share button, depending on how long you set the default clip length it will save backwards for that time. I have mine set at 3 minutes to save short clips of funny/epic moments. I usually do not outlive that time in-game anyway so for me this works. But you could also set it to 30 minnutes. And another option is to start and end recording manually.

Once you have saved a clip it will end up in your capture gallery

Viewing video clips that you saved

Select  (Capture Gallery) from the content area.
Press the OPTIONS button to sort saved video clips by name or date, and delete video clips. You can also copy saved video clips to a USB storage device. Or you can upload it to online services like YouTube, Twitter, Facebook etc. For this you will need to link either of these services with your PSN first. To link or unlink your account, select  (Settings) > [Account Management] > [Link with Other Services].

Uploading a video clip 1. Press the SHARE button, and then select [Video Clip] to save the video clip. 2. Select an online service. 3. Select a video clip. 4. Edit the video clip Select [Trim] to edit a video clip's start point and end point. You can also add comments or limit who can see what you share. 5. Select [Share].

The editing that can be done via the capture gallery is really basic and limited. For some more advanced editing like adding text, stickers, music, sound effects, time management, panning and zooming, and combining multiple clips in a montage you can use a free app like ShareFactory which you install on your PS4.  If you google it you will find a lot of instructions on how to use this program, I won't go into that much of detail here. But here's an example of a small montage I created with ShareFactory : https://youtu.be/XdYZ8vGOKD0

ShareFactory still is basic but it's easy to use, free and for starters it is sufficient. There are other (paid) services available if you want to go pro

You can also choose to export your clips via USB and import it to a PC or laptop and use more video editing software options.

_________________________________________________________________________________
▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

I do not work for EA, I'm a gamer trying to help fellow gamers. :eahigh_file:

Message 3 of 6 (1,996 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Thank you for that full reply. I play on PC but your explanation was not wasted as my friend plays on PS4 and your post has really helped him.

Does anyone know how to create/upload videos for BF1 PC?

Message 4 of 6 (1,984 Views)

Champion (Retired)
You just need to use some sort of screen recorder like fraps or something and then another program to edit it. Windows movie maker is basic but pretty easy to use or there are plenty of other free programs that have more functionality but will require a bit more time to learn.
Message 5 of 6 (1,968 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @MujiXxX,

if you're playing on PC and happen to have an nvidia card, you can use nvidia share to capture your gameplay. You can also set it so it saves the previous 5 minutes that you can save on demand.

Message 6 of 6 (1,935 Views)