Re: Home One AI is TERRIBLE! Please rework!

by crzydroid

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Home One AI is TERRIBLE! Please rework!

★★★★★ Apprentice

Dear Developers,

I just watched my ships on auto and was shocked. The first ability Home One uses is to heal ONE ship when you can AOE attack, give protection up to TWO SHIPS AND possibly completely take out an enemy ship and this is like on the 3rd turn of the game. WTF!?

WHY would anyone heal their tank when there’s a 66% chance it will get protection up anyway on a massive aoe attack that could even completely take out an enemy? To make matters worse the ai doesn’t even use that aoe attack later on, it chooses the heal AGAIN and in a battle that went to the last ship it did not even use the super attack ‘Master Plan’.

It didn’t much matter though because of all the dicking around with healing only instead of attacking and getting 2 ships ‘healed’ via protection up, the Chimera was able to use it’s super kill at least 3 times and I had no ships left anyway.

Home One’s key strength is in the protection given on assists and its speed. To be viable against the 2 Imperial Cap Ships, it has to attack hard and fast with assists, to get the jump on ships in the field and to also limit the exposure to the massive kill specials of the Imperial Cap Ships. The first ability it should use is the AOE/protection up and while it is recharging the heal should be used on the tank as a back up.

Now what about reinforcements. Why oh why does SunFac come in first when my Biggs is still strong and I have GS in my line up and his attack will also, most likely, completely take out one of the enemy ships?

With the AOE attack and protection up and GS taking out a ship, the enemy is at 1 ship left and it’s like turn 4 or 5. Can the AI be worked to not have  a bunch of tanks or to recognize when a reinforcement’s attack can take out an enemy ship? Further to this, my GS was THE LAST SHIP to enter but it is a ship that assists and therefore continually gets protection up from Home One. These ‘assisting’ ships should come in first under Home One! FURTHERMORE, if the AI must bring in SunFac first, why is a complimentary ship in the same faction, namely GS, brought in last? Shouldn’t the AI prioritize these ships to come in one after the other or at least somewhat close to each other!?

Clearly, Home One AI needs to be reworked when I can get to number one in my shard and only to find myself back at 40th place becasue of the * AI! Perhaps the AOE attack is not being activated due to old code remaining that tells it to wait for buffed ships when now, 2 ships will automatically attack and get protection up, regardless of buffs?

Also it’s not fair that the defensive ships all come in first. That’s fine for Imperial Cap ships with huge AOE kill attacks but Home One needs aggressive attackers that assist and call assists to generate defence in the form of protection up on out of turn attacks, meanwhile using its speed and multiple attacks to eliminate the enemy ships before the enemy Imperial Cap Ships can use their specials multiple times.

Anyway, if any developers see this, please, please, PLEASE, rework Home One AI.

Sincerely, 

Jiefoo

Message 1 of 2 (691 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)
If you want, you can post this in the feedback section of the official forums. There should be a link to the forums from in game.

But in general, the AI isn't very good for a lot of toons/ships. There was also a post somewhere explaining the algorithm for reinforcements under ships 2.0, but a lot of people aren't happy with it. For Home One, I don't think there is leftover AI from waiting for buffed ships, because under ships 1.0, it used to always open with AoE even if there weren't buffed ships. It's ironic now that you don't need buff ships any more that it doesn't use it right away. The healing/cleanse is probably prioritizing based on health, but under ships 1.0, that ability was also used unwisely.

Just remember the flip side: If the AI was better, your teams would be better on defense, but you'd also have a harder time on offense, as the enemy AI would also be better.

Anyway, you can send me a pm if you want to get on our ship chat, and I can send you the discord info of the guy in charge. Once you get on and get your payout time in, it should be a little easier as people won't bump you before payout and you will likewise know who to avoid at certain times.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (756 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
If you want, you can post this in the feedback section of the official forums. There should be a link to the forums from in game.

But in general, the AI isn't very good for a lot of toons/ships. There was also a post somewhere explaining the algorithm for reinforcements under ships 2.0, but a lot of people aren't happy with it. For Home One, I don't think there is leftover AI from waiting for buffed ships, because under ships 1.0, it used to always open with AoE even if there weren't buffed ships. It's ironic now that you don't need buff ships any more that it doesn't use it right away. The healing/cleanse is probably prioritizing based on health, but under ships 1.0, that ability was also used unwisely.

Just remember the flip side: If the AI was better, your teams would be better on defense, but you'd also have a harder time on offense, as the enemy AI would also be better.

Anyway, you can send me a pm if you want to get on our ship chat, and I can send you the discord info of the guy in charge. Once you get on and get your payout time in, it should be a little easier as people won't bump you before payout and you will likewise know who to avoid at certain times.
Message 2 of 2 (757 Views)