Re: Help! My Sim is stuck in her house! She's dying!

by ThandalNLyman

Original Post

Help! My Sim is stuck in her house! She's dying!

★★ Novice

My sim is stuck in her house unable to do some tasks, I have the dogs and cats mod installed. The action to sleep is stuck greyed out with the "x" through it but it wont go away, and there's also an adoption event going on where it already gave me to money for the puppy i'm selling but the dog hasn't gone away yet. I can't use any other household option for pets since it keeps telling me an adoption event is already in progress. I can't travel anywhere or take my sick dog to the vet because it says you can't travel when a sim is leaving the household (which she is not). She also can't do actions on her own that she normally would do such as use the toilet, I have to select it for her. I can't make her cook or clean up, when she gets something out to cook she just puts it on the floor. To clean up she picks the items up and again just puts them on the floor. I'm unable to save or exit the game because of the same thing it's telling me that a sim is leaving the house even though she isn't. Right now it's telling me the grim reaper is there and she's starving!! Help??

Message 1 of 4 (1,647 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Which SIMS game are you talking about?

This forum is for "A Way Out", not "The SIMS".

Message 2 of 4 (1,621 Views)

★★★ Novice
I dont know about other sims games but you can try this for the sims 4. Open the commands tab at the top (ctrl+shift+c) then type testingcheats true. This will allow you to use the cheats. Once you have done that, shift click on the sim that's stuck and then press Reset Object (Debug) this will reset the sims emotions, actions and will hopefully get them unstuck!
If this didn't make sense here's a link to another forum: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/how-to-reset-stuck-and-unresponsive-sims-in-the-s...
Message 3 of 4 (566 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Hobalubi
You have no choice. Exit the game and move mods folder to desktop.
Remove the localthumbcache.package file from the game folder. Repair the game on Origin. Enter the game and check if this error has disappeared.
Some mod caused it. You can look for the guilty pasting your mods from the desktop one by one but I would give up,
The next patch on Tuesday will cause that script mods will not work anymore. EA moves to the new Python script. You have to wait until the Creators will have new mods.
I don't work for EA

Message 4 of 4 (549 Views)