Re: Help My Deck

by Shinerplunderer

Original Post

Help My Deck

I'm in Masters now and I'm trying new things. I dropped my Tech Units because the good players won't let me get to them. Currently I only have Barracks and Helipad and have been winning quite a bit more now by being aggressive like those that won't let me double harvest. It also doesn't take a lot of tib to maintain them so make times I can win with 1 harvester or no harvester if my opponent doesn't use one and spams infantry and bikes.

i

My current setup is as follows.

For Barracks:

Missile Squad

Shockwave Troopers

Grenadiers (have tried them but they haven't been too effective on level 3)

For Helipad:

Drone Swarm (I need to keep this. I win a lot with these Drones by spamming them onto pads quickly right before the missile goes off and they destroy infantry.)

Orca

Hammer head

I'm doing pretty good against vehicles and tech units with the Orca. Should I keep the Grenadiers from the barracks or go with Orca Bomber or Mohawk Gunship for additional firepower against vehicles and tech?

Message 1 of 9 (566 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Grenadiers maybe good counter to tech vehicles tho i didn't test yet. How many Grenadier cards do you have?

Message 2 of 9 (550 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'd say grenadiers are useful for all tech units except wolverine. These are the early tech units that you unlock before getting the cloning vat. I tested it before with "I let you win" it seems that a grenadier has to go 2 is to 1 to defeat it, other than that the grenadier can destroy a wolverine/widow maker if said vehicle is damaged. I checked both the widow maker and the wolverine's stats, it seems any anti-vehicle infantry or aircraft is going to have a hard time compared to wolverine. Don't know what the damage amount a widow maker can deal to an air unit. Is it the same DPS or what?

Message 3 of 9 (542 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Looks like a decent deck. Not convinced orca is better than an equal level mohawk since right now drone swarms and rockets are your only pad holder, haha

grenadiers not being up to snuff is an issue, suppose you could put in jjt till they catch up, but otherwise it looks like a decent list. Strongarm or Jackson is my guess?
Message 4 of 9 (530 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
here are 2 similar decks you could try:

Jackson - Missile, Sniper, Grenadier, Talon, Mohawk, Hammerhead
and
Strongarm - Missile, MG, Sniper(or Shock), Grenadier, Pitbull, Talon
Message 5 of 9 (523 Views)

[ Edited ]

Solomon

Message 6 of 9 (513 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
ehhhh.... don't really like solomon in that deck really. He is pretty under-powered right now. He is good at being flexible if you allow them to tech, but really, the other commanders are better at not allowing them to get to that point.
Message 7 of 9 (504 Views)

★ Guide

I just used a very strange deck that fools my opponent my oppoent when I play. This how it works, I scout with an attack bike making the enemy realize its a rush, but its not. The next thing I order after I have an attack bike is a harvester, either harvester or attack bike could go first. The opponent wastes time trying to defend the rush when its a scout and trains the wrong unit. If he tries to claim the pad before I have my army, I harass his harvester to get his attention. The next thing he sees is that looses the pads and I can hold it in and make a quick victory.

Message 8 of 9 (476 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Speaking of decks. I encountered someone who uses scarabs. It seems that it was unbeatable with my deck as I had no cheap units or ones with a 2 tile range. The only option I had was deploying an obelisk to clear the scarabs. It wasn't cost effective but it worked, until he managed to tech. I feel certain combinations of decks are unbeatable, it seems that no one has discovered it yet. I admit I'm a savant and I managed to calculate this:

Mix units together and there are 213 million unique decks for someone to use. Some are garbage, few are good, but I bet there is one or two out there that has is unbeatable. The probability of ensuring that all deck are beatable is quite small, not even optimizations can fix it. I just hope no one gets a chance to discover that deck, otherwise all players will imitate it.

If you mix all the units together in such a way that there is more than one instance of a unit, it would be a mind boggling 1,023 quintrillion. This is like a million (I'm sure everyone knows this) followed by 12 zeroes. I mean, I could have 6 tick tanks in the same deck, and it would probably be useless. Having more than one unit instance, or something similar, in the deck is kind of useless.

Message 9 of 9 (458 Views)