Re: Hazard Company is IMPOSSIBLE!

by Supermint

Original Post

Hazard Company is IMPOSSIBLE!

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have to vent on this.

NFS Payback is one of the best games I've played, bu I'm not gonna play it at least for a month because of the third Hazard Company race.
This race is pure BS. Nothing else. BS, rubberbanding AI, unfair speed advantages to the AI, etc.
I have a Porsche Panamera Turbo. Didn't win the race. Became 30 points overpowered. Didn't win the race. [Edit - Admin.]?

Literally all of my attempts ended in me finishing in 8th place and wanting to murder the AI. I will do anything to win this race. I'll go as far as literally editing my save file just to skip that one race.

There's a difference inbetween "challenging" and "unfair", EA. And I hope you get what that means soon.

So stop this [Edit - Admin.], EA, just make the races fair.

EDIT: Seems somebody else is having the same problem, and they have some pretty damn good points. Here's a link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/I-ve-had-it-with-Hazard-Company/m-p/6421235#M4883

Message 1 of 56 (26,730 Views)

★ Guide

what race is that whats the name of the track? completed the game didn't have much trouble with any of the teams

Message 2 of 56 (26,669 Views)

★ Guide

Completed the game on hard, did have a few issues, had to do one or two races like 10 times.. but I got through it.

Message 3 of 56 (26,667 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Sorry if this is innacurate, I'm using the Brazilian Portuguese version, but it's "Slalom at the Junkyard".

Message 4 of 56 (26,663 Views)

★★ Guide

That is weird.  Pretty sure I beat the Hazard ones as well.  Was tough but got through it.

Message 5 of 56 (26,649 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Just keep at it and keep upgrading your car, also about midway through Hazard Company when your doing the mountain races stay on the inside of corners and try to drift as little as possible
Message 6 of 56 (26,637 Views)

★★ Guide

I may have the answer. 

Did you upgrade your Offroad vehicle? 

When I completed the Hazard Crew (still have to beat the boss) I used the Raptor and was able to get through.  Using the same logic, I upgraded my race car to an Acura NSX so now all the Racecar crew members are rookie at lvl 290 and pull up next to me in GTX, Porshe etc. and are hard to beat.  So, if you upgrade, the crew are also upgraded so to keep the game competitive and take longer to complete.   Sucks for you and me that did not know this and now have to really concentrate on getting past the respective crews.

If this is not the case for you may it be a warning to others        muahahahaha don't upgrade until after the crews are beaten    LOL

Message 7 of 56 (26,571 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Time to sell my Panamera and tank my Raptor then.

Message 8 of 56 (26,519 Views)

★★ Guide

Please let us know if that works?

Message 9 of 56 (26,499 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

I had no real issues winning against Hazard Company. I used my VW Beetle and had upgraded it substantially. Its actually quite good and entertaining. I do agree that there is some ridiculous rubber banding by the AI and some idiocy shown by it. Also they do get some handling boosts on some corners.

Message 10 of 56 (26,496 Views)