Re: Has Yoda been improved or crippled?

by -UE-VenomKing

Original Post

Has Yoda been improved or crippled?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I practiced Yoda only in Arcade and he did seem to be stronger than his situation before the patch.  According to my observation, he is able to jump higher and farther now. He can deal more damage as well.

But, some people mentioned that his dodging ability is nerfed and no longer useful. thus, he does not stand a chance in HvV despite being such a powerful crowd clearer in GA.

Is this true? What exactly has been nerfed on him? Can you elaborate?

Message 1 of 8 (923 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Interesting. I played him in HvV Monday night and didn't notice too much difference with anything about him. I know Solo was cutting cut down like paper though... The whole mode had a different feel to it now for me, seemed like every player I used was weaker. I was getting mowed down Np matter what I did except with Vader I was taking on two at a time and winning (even though his choke is completely broke now).
Message 2 of 8 (899 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Dodging has been changed in general. Yoda has been greatly improved, though he needed to be nerfed in my opinion.

Message 3 of 8 (834 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @CutieCreampied

We indeed made a few adjustments to Yoda in patch 1.2 Standard smile

You can find all the details here.

/Ataashi

Message 4 of 8 (807 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yoda has it's pros and con's like most heroes do. He con's are still mainly saber-heroes. He dont have any way of blocking saber hits, which in my mind is perfectly reasonable. But in fighting against a blaster hero Yoda will most likely always come out as winner. Though if you are stupid enough to charge towards Phasma's First Order Droid, you're dead!

Also Iden Versio since the last patch have a good chance of killing Yoda does she time her Stun Droid correctly. Against infantry is where Yoda really trumps, and is where i enjoy playing him most. Before the patch he was to weak to take on anything. But the balancing the last patch brought made him the king of GA! Just stay away from saber heroes unless you have someone with you.

One issue i would like to point out, and i hope the community manager sees this, and i dont know if its intended or not. But using Yoda's Barrier (His main defence) doesnt protect him from explosive shots. I've been melted down in under 2 seconds cause instead of firing directly at Yoda they hit the ground so the AOE does damage to him. This is kinda a big downside with him especially now that every lobby consists of atleast 10-13 Heavy-Troopers with the Explosive Shot attachment for DC15-LE. And most of them also uses Explosive Sentry. 

I would think that his Barrier would work as a kind of umbrella in front of him, but i dont know how the actual mechanics work.

I would appreciate an answer to this issue if its intended or just a overlooked bug.

Message 5 of 8 (767 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I think that Yoda being damaged by collateral explosions is fine. They just need to change the explosive shot acts to only improve the damage of the weapon, but reduce the collateral damage significantly. 

And the explosive shot is not just heavy, but officer as well.

Message 6 of 8 (757 Views)

★ Apprentice

I agree completely. Colleteral damage certainly needs to hurt Yoda some, hes not invoulnable. But i mean, it does needs some adjusting its just simply not working as it should when your barrier doesnt charge up while taking alot heat from infantry in front of you. 

Yes, officers do have explosive shot with the blurg. But its not nearly as noticeable as it is with the DC15-LE. 

Message 7 of 8 (752 Views)

★★ Pro
Talking about the explosive shot, the glitch on the dc15 explosive shot since the last update is ruining galactic assault. EA you need to patch this quickly I keep seeing posts about it on this forum keep dissappearing but it seriously just drags keep getting your hero's annihilated by teams of heavies with never ending explosive shots.
Message 8 of 8 (745 Views)