Harvester - This needs to end now.

by sirscientist

Original Post

Harvester - This needs to end now.

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

It's a joke really, a sad gamble that people take because they lack actual skill. 

Rushing harvesters with bikes or jump jets, certain maps are an absolute joke to have to counter these builds.

So something needs to happen because this is a sad joke when you join a match just to see someone trying to rush your harvester because they can't win a micro fight.

Either buff harvester up, increase harvester speed or let us see each others builds at the start of the match. It is just boring and sad to see someone put everything on their jump jets killing the harvester, that's legit the build, you either don't kill the harvester and lose or kill it and get a lead. What a great game experience.

Kill this being a thing on the game, there's nothing fun about it, it isn't skillful and it just ruins ranking up in all honesty. To defend rushing harvester you're either incapable of speaking up or you yourself harvester rush.

I would prefer the option to buff harvester up, like 25% more.

Thread Title edited by CM

Message 1 of 24 (1,306 Views)

Re: This bs needs to end now.

★ Guide

Guess you don't read news updates?

New generals that boost harvester's and other things coming.

By your logic they should just remove harvester's from the game?

Message 2 of 24 (1,291 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Countering a rush is super easy. VS NoD All they can do is bike rush, so start with rocket/laser infantry if you suspect a rush. VS GDI all they can do is JJT rush so start with rifles/militant/shocks/flames.

Also here is a tip for defending your harvester:

Send your defending unit beside your harvester, then click on your harvester and move it so it shares the same hex as your defending unit. Always try to be just a little farther from them than the defending unit and the defending unit should eat a fair amount of the damage and not have to start and stop constantly as it tries to chase. Do this till the enemy rush is dead or has run with it's tail between their legs, then go back to harvesting and make sure to return the favour by sending your units to destroy any harvester they have built.

If they don't build a harvester, hold the pads and dominate them with your superior income. There really is no reason to lose your harvester to a rush in the current balance.

Message 3 of 24 (1,271 Views)

★ Apprentice

Oh I can counter them simple enough most the time, but then it's a boring one sided match easy win if I do and a pitiful sight really.

I just don't see harvester rush as something that should be in the game. It's just aids, bloody give your first harvester a 30 second shield, that'll stop it

Message 4 of 24 (1,250 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

boohoo no rushing in an RTS game

Message 5 of 24 (1,240 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yeah, rushing as been part of RTS since the beginning. Even chess has it's gambits.   And, as you see, it's pretty common, almost to the point of it's own coin-flip mechanic on top of Rock-Paper-Scissor.  Either rush or defend - if you both do the same thing then it's just who responds quicker (or has higher level units...).

And don't forgot the pitbull rush - that fun old merry-go-round of missile firing mayhem.  Plus it'll stop a Nod rush dead in it's tracks.... though so does the JJT's *shrugs*

Message 6 of 24 (1,197 Views)

★★★★ Guide
its a common trend but the thing is that if you kill the harv then they still are getting a ton of currency for units
Message 7 of 24 (1,190 Views)

★ Apprentice

Amazing, so many ignorant cancerous responses who are solely responsible for things not being changed in video games, you guys legit should be ashamed of yourselves.

Especially you Rxydxy1, you're nothing more then a troll, in other words do the community a favor and delete your account, since you're comments are nothing more than an eyesore

If people aren't here to have a proper conversation then don't even come on the forums, you're pathetic if you do.

Message 8 of 24 (1,173 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Maybe you are the ignorant cancerous one who should be ashamed for complaining about every small thing. I just played against someone who bike rushed me with 3 squads of bikes + oxanna buff. I defended with laser squads, but he got my harvester anyways. However, he still lost. Why? Because he overcommitted to the rush, spending 120 worth of tiberium credits just to take out a harvester, without anything surviving after, while i still had my missile squads to force an expensive chem buggy response, which then allowed me to counter quickly with scorps and dominate him. This is against someone who was higher ranked than me too btw. Rushing isn't the game ender you claim it is, and I think you should probably focus on things that really need to be changed, and this is not one of them. Just because someone doesn't agree with your judgement doesn't make them ignorant or cancerous. Rushing has always been high risk high reward, and is a part of any RTS like previously mentioned. I think people should at least have that choice, rather than what you are suggesting, which in fact makes games more boring than they already are. Just because it's not the way you like to play doesn't mean others shouldn't be allowed to play it. Stop trying to fix what isn't broken.

Message 9 of 24 (1,156 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Edited by CM to remove response to removed post

While I do occasionally employ rushes from time to time, I don't always do it, simply because i know that they don't always work.At higher level games, they don't work as often as they used to in lower levels. But regardless of the matter, It's just a decision. Even watching professional RTS games, you see the pros employing rushes from time to time, and these actually make games really interesting, because you're thrown into the action so suddenly and you're left wondering if the rush will succeed and sometimes it's really hard to say. But they also don't always do it, because it doesn't always work.

Ultimately it's a balance. You can't go to such extremes and eliminate rushing just because you think it's lame. RTS games have always been about decision making. To take away potential decisions in the game, is simply a quick fix solution that ends up ruining the game you are trying so hard to "save". It makes the gaming experience narrower than it already is, and that doesn't make for a good game. 

Message 10 of 24 (738 Views)