Hard counters in lootboxes

by DreamShipWreck

Original Post

Hard counters in lootboxes

★★★ Newbie
I understand the nature of the lootboxes in this game, and why they are why they are. However, I do question the wisdom of having units locked off at the start and randomly unlocked rather than having everything open and using the boxes for upgrades. Unlike many of the other games that uses this method, this one tends to have hard counters rather than soft ones. Soft counters are easier to move around with unlocking because they are a matter of numbers rather than totally shredding the enemy. But here we have things like the jeeps wrecking infantry, rockets wrecking jeeps, mechs wrecking rockets, burst launcher vehicle wrecking mechs, etc etc etc.

This normally not really an issue, since counters can be overcome somewhat by massed units. But the nature of the grid system means that generally only two units can attack a hex at one time, making swarming very difficult unless you can pull off some crazy flanking.

Right now this isn't a huge deal sonce everyone is on the same level, but I imagine that it will expand to be worse when people get into it more.
Message 1 of 1 (324 Views)