HUT Goalie Equipment

by PaulieV31

Original Post

HUT Goalie Equipment

★ Guide

So - this is a real pet peeve of mine, especially since in previous versions this feature existed.

When you add a goalie to your team the equipment should switch to your team colors. Plain and simple.  Other players match when you add them the goalie should too.

If I remember correctly equipping a custom goalie mask to match your team used to change the equipment colors but even that doesn't work.  

I will admit so far in NHL 21 I've only added one goalie that doesn't have the same team affiliation and that's what I'm basing my post on.  I just added Style Icons Curtis Joseph to my Bruins team and equipped him with a Bruins goalie mask and he is still sporting Toronto blue & white.  

This should be a relatively simple fix and goes a long way in the "attention to detail" component of the game

Any chance EA can make this happen?  Please and thank you.

Message 1 of 6 (956 Views)

Re: HUT Goalie Equipment

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi there, @PaulieV31.

Thanks for the feedback on this. I'll pass it on to the dev team. Unfortunately, I don't have any details currently, but if I do, I'll update this thread. However, you should be able to update his mask. Do you have another you can try? I'm curious if it's just there's just an issue with the Bruins mask you tried to use or if there's a problem with updating the mask in general.

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 6 (931 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Aljo Hey there - I appreciate the reply. I was able to update the mask without any issue but the problem is changing the mask doesn't change the colors of the goalie equipment. For clarification are you saying that changing the mask should change the goalie equipment colors as well? I thought that was how it was supposed to work but it didn't in this particular instance. I suppose I could try a different mask and see - would you like for me to do that?
Message 3 of 6 (925 Views)

Community Manager

@PaulieV31 

Sorry for the confusion on this. Unfortunately, this is just how it works. Goalie gear isn't updated along with the mask.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 6 (918 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_AljoThank for the clarification - I would appreciate it if you don't mind passing the suggestion for goalie equipment updates on to the dev team. While I'm sure they have more pressing issues it would be nice to maybe get this minor change on their radar

Thanks!!

Message 5 of 6 (912 Views)

Community Manager

@PaulieV31 

They're aware of this so hopefully, we'll see it addressed in the future. If you have any other feedback, let us know. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 6 (909 Views)