Re: [Guide] Be social and grow relationships in The Sims Mobile

by PaQuilter1

Original Post

★ Expert
Since I can't edit my post, I forgot to ask, when you get those notices that state Is that a spark of synergy? Add ( players name) as a friend and watch the relationship blossom between sims name and sims name. Does this mean this user has started a romantic relationship with my sim? Also I just noticed I got this notice for a sim I retired last week. The sim they are requesting to have a relationship with is out of my game, retired and added to the family portrait as last generation.
Message 11 of 27 (2,187 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Fuzzernutter No it's just the game trying to get you to make friends with someone. If you click on it, it will say "Friend request Sent". It helps new players find friends to connect to in Game. ☺

Message 12 of 27 (2,172 Views)

★ Expert

@PaQuilter1 Are you sure? I was told you get these notices when another player's sim starts a relationship with your sim. 

The game trying to find friends for a sim I retired and is no longer in the game ? 

I also got this notice from a random player who came to my last party. This player's male sim met my 4 sims at my party. The notice was the same as I mentioned above . I believe this player's male sim started a relationship with one of my male sim's in their game. I got the synergy notice after this random player came to my party. 

I have gotten several of these notices. One stands out thought. I got the synergy notice. I never clicked on it to send the player a friends request. this same player kept sending me friends requests which I denied. If the synergy notice is in fact the start of a relationship, i felt like the player was adding me so they could request my sim move in their game. I personally don't want these kinds of request. I don't give away my sims. After I refused to add this person, the sim they requested kept getting scary stickers all the time. My sim was not dressed in scary fashion. I don't care about getting the sticker since it equals a izzy gem but I felt like there was a player out there angry they could not have my sim so I felt like a sticker target. 

The way these romantic relationships are set up, it's not fair to the owner  of the sim or the other player trying to use other player's sims in a romantic relationship should that player want to use the move in request. 

Message 13 of 27 (2,165 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Fuzzernutter There are two types of notifications we get. One says "Is that a spark of synergy between...". That one is the one I was talking about. The other one says that you have received relationship points between SIM X and your SIM X. Those notifications mean that your SIM is in a relationship with someone else's SIM. When someone else's SIM has a relationship with your Sim they can have kids, get married anything without requiring your SIM to move out. It's only a problem when they ask your SIM to move into their game. That's where the problem is because we have no way to let them know they can't have ours, other than to say "ignore". That part really needs work.😊

Message 14 of 27 (2,162 Views)

★ Expert

@PaQuilter1I have only gotten one where I got coins. 

I know players can do whatever they want with your sim in there game. Yes the move in is a big problem. There should be some kind of accept or deny early on in the game. I know some people have allot of sim children and want to move them out quicker. Those of us that don't should have the option to deny to let the other player know, find another sim if you want to marry and move them in. 

They should add job, relationship status, ect to original sim so the other player knows if the sim is married, in a relationship, engaged. if the sim is up for retirement. 

I don't know if this is true , but I was told if your original sim is married in your game another player can not marry your sim in their game. This is even before the move in. 

Message 15 of 27 (2,150 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Fuzzernutter I'm pretty sure they can marry them. They just can't move them in. It doesn't matter too much because you can have a baby with someone on level 3 of a friendly relationship. Most friends I have only keep their Sims for a week or so and then retire them so they can promote their next generation. I don't do that. I'm only on Generation 3 and I haven't even given them all their traits. That way I am not forced to accidentally retire them. 😊

Message 16 of 27 (2,144 Views)

★ Expert
@PaQuilter1 I know they can have babies with your sim but to be able to marry another player's sim that is already married in the original owner's game is just cruel to the other player. If that player went and married your sim, good chance they want your sim to move in with them. Most players who have a married sim, have worked hard on that sim with traits, hobbies, relationships and are not going to give that sim to a player that will get your sims heirloom on top of it.

Im playing second , third and 4th is a toddler. Second is about to retire. One of my sims had a baby with an NPC . They're engaged but until I retire a few, he is not moving in. I know better than to use other players sims. I like making my own sims.
Message 17 of 27 (2,126 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Fuzzernutter Oh I totally agree. I only use my own Sims too. I've only had one person that asked for my SIM and I had to say no? Especially because they asked for my most popular Sim Tyler. Although he's married to my Sim, Victoria, he has children in my Friend's game all over the SIM World.😉😊

Message 18 of 27 (2,124 Views)

★ Expert
@PaQuilter1 Maybe the key is you retire them quick enough it won't give people time to build up the relationship to ask you for your sims LOL. I have a male sim like that and his son came out a duplicate of him . I dress the father in suits. He is the Dr and I dress his son more like a kid so I can tell them apart. The difference in how I dress them , Dad gets allot more stickers. When dad retires than I can put his son in suits. If anyone is having babies with my sims , I have no idea. I have to assume they have abused my sims out there in sims world
Message 19 of 27 (2,116 Views)

★★★★ Expert
If you let your Sim move in with somebody else, you will still get an heirloom, which might be a consideration?
Message 20 of 27 (2,112 Views)