Re: Gridiron Notes: Madden NFL 21 Title Update - October

by nbayoungboyba

Original Post

Gridiron Notes: Madden NFL 21 Title Update - October

Community Manager

To ensure Madden is the best game possible, scheduled updates are deployed by the Madden Development Team to add features to the game after launch and to tune gameplay based on community feedback. Our launch updates focus on many of the issues that Madden players report to us. We thank you for your feedback - you've helped us improve Madden NFL 21. We look forward to further feedback and are committed to continuing to meet your expectations.

Here is a detailed breakdown of what’s included in today's title update:

Key Highlights:

• General MUT & Franchise bug fixes

Gameplay Updates:

• Resolved an issue with player-indicator flashing for Pass Lead abilities; Set Feet Lead and Pass Lead Elite was not giving consistent feedback when activating. Now the Star or X underneath the player will light-up appropriately when using these abilities. 
  • Addressed an issue with receivers dropping the ball from late collisions by defenders. 
    • DEV NOTE: In these situations, the receiver would seem to have brought the ball in and secured it but the late collision from a defender would have the ball awkwardly dribble out of the receiver’s hand(s). We have now made the window for knocking the ball out from a normal collision smaller so defenders will no longer be able to knock the ball out so late. 
  • Fixed an issue with defenders in man coverage not reacting appropriately to a receiver on a Bubble route in RPO plays. 
  • Tuning to increase AI pass-rush on All-Pro and All-Madden skill levels. When AI pass rushers win their matchup, they will beat their block sooner.
  • Addressed an issue with left-handed QB always running option run plays to the left regardless of the designed run direction.
    • DEV NOTE: We are aware that left-handed QB’s are also running the wrong direction on QB Power plays, and that fix will be in a future title update, as we were unable to squeeze it into this one.
  • Fixed an issue sometimes causing the ball to be incorrectly spotted on the 35-yard line when a kick returner would catch the ball right on the line at the back of the endzone.
  • Added logic for user-controlled ball carriers to be able to trigger fake-outs using basic ball carrier skill moves on Arcade, as opposed to only combo moves.

Madden Ultimate Team Updates:

• Fixed and issue on the compare screen that showed the default X-factor on a player item
  • Adjusted how Solo Battle CPU teams are evaluated.

Franchise Updates:

•  Face of the Franchise Updates:
    • Fixed an issue with users playing as a HB receiving temporary ratings boosts for QB related ratings
    • Fixed an issue with some abilities appearing twice in the edit player screen
  •  Franchise Updates:
    • Fixed an issue with older, high OVR Free Agents being removed from the game before users have a chance to sign them
    • Fixed an issue where players received Morale and Legacy changes during pre-season games

The Yard Updates:

• Stability and reliability improvements

Presentation Updates:

• Fixed an issue with Oilers uniforms 
  • Raiders updated to Grass field
  • Washington End Zones updated
  • Atlanta End Zones updated
  • Updated Captains patch stars and C’s not updating correctly

(Source)

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 1 of 7 (624 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Kent Hopefully also replaced texans coach
Message 2 of 7 (611 Views)

★★ Guide
@EA_Kent Any word on when they are adding stuff to Franchise? Not just fixes, but rather better scouting, relocation teams, etc. I know they said they were going to slowly roll out new things throughout this year's Madden, then completely revamp for Madden 22. I guess I just want to know if it's worth waiting on all of these updates to come out.

Also, I made a post about a few other issues they should look into.

1. The CBs in zone, have an issue where if you are in Cover 2 or any other zone coverage that has them defending the flat zone, they will stay there for about 2 seconds, then run up field and start trying to defend mid/deep zone, while leaving the TE, HB or FB wide open in the zone.

2. Blockers seem to not have any awareness, when it comes to blocking up field. Seems to happen most often on inside zone run plays. They will run right by the middle linebacker and head straight for the safety, which leads to the MLB running straight into the hole, untouched. I think there needs to be some type of chip block or something, because no coach has a run scheme that just lets a MLB run free at their RB.

3. Receivers jumping for passes that they don't need to jump for. It seems like the animation is used too often. If I don't "user catch" a receiver will not ever do a catch over the shoulder or possession catch. They will jump up for the ball 9/10 times, then get flipped upside down, while the ball flies up in the air and bounces off of 8 helmets, before being intercepted on a slide catch by a 400 lb DT. It just makes no sense. I think they need to make the AI receivers more intelligent about their catches. They also have issues catching the ball on the sidelines, without "user catch." They simply won't drag their toes or anything. They'll just catch it in full stride and not get both feet in bounds.

There were a few other things. If you could find my post about it and give me some type of feedback, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks man.
Message 3 of 7 (585 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @WrathOfHades85,

Thanks for the feedback! I haven't heard if these are things that the team is planning on changing, but I can pass your feedback along for a look. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 7 (567 Views)

★★ Guide
@EA_Kent Thank you much! I also made a post about "development traits" that I thought might help the immersion of the game. If you could pass that up as a possible idea for the future, that would be awesome as well.
Message 5 of 7 (541 Views)

★★ Guide
@EA_Kent Hey, out of curiosity, why does EA have a cap to how many yards you are allowed to get in a single game? I wanted to see how many yards I could get, in a 15 min game, and it turns out that my team had waaaaaaay more yards than the players who actually got the yards were given credit for.

For example: my team had 1,486 yards rushing. Well, I only ran the ball with 1 player, the entire game. That player only ended up with 1023 yards rushing. Meaning over 400 yards didn’t even count for that player, but did for the team.

Any reason why they would not allow us to actually have fun and see what we can do? Why not count the yards? What does it hurt?

Just curious.
Message 6 of 7 (534 Views)

★★★ Newbie

good

Message 7 of 7 (476 Views)