Re: Grand arena squads, and Character shards

by GladOS-013

Original Post

Grand arena squads, and Character shards

★★ Novice

Why was the grand arena battles squads change from 5  member squads to 3? It needs to go back to a 5 member squad. And Ea seems to be looking for money from its players because there are character shards that are just about impossible to get. Not unless a person is spending money on the game. How is that fair or equal to the players who don’t or can’t spend money on the game. That just gives an unfair advantage to goals players who developers will call “whales“. 

Message 1 of 4 (701 Views)

@Buddha2480 This Championship Season was setup as a 3v3 format. It's a format they've experimented with in the past. The current GA is the last one in this season, so we will find out what format the next season will use next week sometime.

Many games these days that use the "freemium" model give players an advantage by spending money. Everything in the game is accessible without spending money, but it may take longer to reach certain goals unless you spend money.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@GladOS-013 That’s an unacceptable model. Because it’s an unfair advantage for those who don’t or can’t spend that type of money on the game. That’s not a true or fair competition. It’s just reinforces the notion that You can only win or should I say succeed if you have money. That notion, that concept is the reason why this world is so screwed up. And it can only change if companies like EA stop using that as their Business model. 

Message 3 of 4 (654 Views)

@Buddha2480 I'm sorry you feel that way. Many games in the market use the model. Unfortunately this model makes companies a lot more money than advertising revenue, up front cost, or subscription fees - so as long as players are willing to pay, companies will use the model. If EA stops freemium games, thru will make less money than other companies - those other companies won't follow their example.