Give Izzy's a new try !

by BlueWizardRob

Original Post

Give Izzy's a new try !

★★★★★ Expert

As many of you already know, I am very picky about the stuff I want from Izzy.  I only keep items from Izzy if they give a bonus to all hobbies or all careers.  I also only keep items from Izzy if they have an effect that isn't stupid (no stinky, dirty, etc).  I also only keep a few specific items that I want (Superhero suits, men's bracelets, flapper dresses, bouffant dresses and fairy suits). That means that I usually save and wait until I have about 2000 gems before I go shopping at Izzy's and then I re-try until I get what I want (pinning the traits as I get them).  Because I am so picky, it had been taking up to 2 hours of trying and up to 2000 gems to get an Izzy item I want to keep.

Yesterday, I went into Izzy's for the first time since September.  It gave me good stuff much more quickly than usual.  In less than 30 minutes and less than 500 gems I got 2 men's super suites (I now have one for all careers in each color and one for all hobbies in each color).  I thought I was so lucky.  This morning, I decided to try again.  I got a flapper dress in a new color in 10 minutes and less than 300 gems.  I don't know if they have increased the chances for good stuff or if I just got lucky, but based on my experience, you might want to give Izzy a new try.

Now I want them to increase the Izzy closet limit.  I have 35 items I absolutely love but would love to complete my collection of flapper dresses, bouffant dresses and fairy costumes.  If I had closet space, I would also add gladiator and pirate costumes.

Message 1 of 4 (531 Views)

Re: Give Izzy's a new try !

★★★ Guide

@BlueWizardRob 

How do you get that many gems?

I just came out of Izzy and had to destroy the skirt he created. I only had 25 gems. LOL!

Message 2 of 4 (520 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@DBrick01 

Remember that I only go to Izzy's every month or two because I want something spectacular and won't settle for whatever comes up.  I save gems.

1) get six of each sticker for each sim every week.  You might need to work with your friends to schedule parties and come up with a system to communicate which stickers each sim needs.

2) attend 2 parties every day and make sure they reach level 10.  This is much easier if you have a group of friends who coordinate.

3) during events that give gems as rewards for duplicates, make sure you are constantly working on the event.  Set timers so you know when to log back on to the game to re-start.  Also be active in using actions to shorten the times.  You can get lots and lots of gems this way.

[Edited by EA_Mai]

Message 3 of 4 (510 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@BlueWizardRob wrote:

@DBrick01 

Remember that I only go to Izzy's every month or two because I want something spectacular and won't settle for whatever comes up.  I save gems.

1) get six of each sticker for each sim every week.  You might need to work with your friends to schedule parties and come up with a system to communicate which stickers each sim needs.

2) attend 2 parties every day and make sure they reach level 10.  This is much easier if you have a group of friends who coordinate.

3) during events that give gems as rewards for duplicates, make sure you are constantly working on the event.  Set timers so you know when to log back on to the game to re-start.  Also be active in using actions to shorten the times.  You can get lots and lots of gems this way.

[Edited by EA_Mai]

We used to use this forum to communicate with each other about scheduling parties and giving stickers.  I haven't seen it used for that purpose recently, but it can be an effective tool.  It is also a good place to find active friends who are willing to work together with you so that everyone gets stickers and gems.

Message 4 of 4 (505 Views)