Getting Conflicting Info / Not Getting Certain Dog Tags

by SterlingARCH3R

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Getting Conflicting Info / Not Getting Certain Dog Tags

Champion

Today, I received my 1st Anniversary BF1 and Online Phantom dog tags. But, there are other dog tags that I'm getting conflicting info on how to get some of these dog tags.

I called EA and the rep told me to ask in the forums.

For the Best Community in the World Dog Tag, I read that you had to be in CTE / Beta... but I don't have the dog tag still. Or is it from a Twitch streamer sort of like with the Friday Night Battlefield dog tag?

For the Game Changer dog tag, isn't that for CTE / Alpha / Beta participation? And the Dreaming About War dog tag, too, but I didn't get that dog tag.

I was confused with some of the other dog tags, but now that I read their descriptions, it makes sense now. The Hero dog tag is an "unlisted" rank and you get voted on it and not merely for participating on the forums... or we all get it for participating eventually? Same with the DICE Friend dog tag? And the I Was There! dog tag is not for the online event but an in-person event, even though I thought you can attend those online (?).

Thanks in advance!

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 1 of 14 (2,129 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Getting Conflicting Info / Not Getting Certain Dog Tags

Hero (Retired)

That´s a long list buddy, I´ll keep my answers short and simple, feel free to ask for details if it´s too short or something is missing Wink

Best Community: Handed out by game changers only during events/streams

Game Changer: Only for certain Youtube BF1 reviewers/Twitch streamers. You´ll find most of them on twitter.

Dreaming about War; Only for participants of the closed alpha, not beta. 

Hero: Become an AHQ Hero, only way to get that one.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/How-to-become-a-AHQ-HERO-and-what-AHQ-HERO-mean/td-p/6035...

Dice Friend: Voted by the community during certain periods, then hand-picked by DICE.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/INFO-Battlefield-1-DICE-Friend-Dog-Tag/td-p/5741344 

I was there: You need to attend a live event like the Gamescom in Cologne recently to get a piece of paper with the dogtag code on it.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Missing-quot-I-Was-There-quot-Dog-Tag-for-BF1-XB1/td-p/57...

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (2,231 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

That´s a long list buddy, I´ll keep my answers short and simple, feel free to ask for details if it´s too short or something is missing Wink

Best Community: Handed out by game changers only during events/streams

Game Changer: Only for certain Youtube BF1 reviewers/Twitch streamers. You´ll find most of them on twitter.

Dreaming about War; Only for participants of the closed alpha, not beta. 

Hero: Become an AHQ Hero, only way to get that one.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/How-to-become-a-AHQ-HERO-and-what-AHQ-HERO-mean/td-p/6035...

Dice Friend: Voted by the community during certain periods, then hand-picked by DICE.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/INFO-Battlefield-1-DICE-Friend-Dog-Tag/td-p/5741344 

I was there: You need to attend a live event like the Gamescom in Cologne recently to get a piece of paper with the dogtag code on it.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Missing-quot-I-Was-There-quot-Dog-Tag-for-BF1-XB1/td-p/57...

Message 2 of 14 (2,232 Views)

★★ Pro
Hi @SterlingARCH3R,

Your informations are incorrect, I try to make a list Standard smile

1) the Best Community in the World Dog Tag are give by the Game Changer, so you can follow some game changer (ex on Twitter) to know when and how some cod for the dog tag will be release

2) To have a Game Changer dog tag you must be a game changer (not cte/alpha/beta) the game changer are few guys who helped Dice with their ideas.

3) Hero dog tag you must be ranked here (AHQ) Hero (I hope people help here for pleasure to help the community and not for a dog tag)

4) Dice friend dog tag you must be a Dice friend some of them are choose directly by Dice other are, with vote, choose by community.

5) I was here dog tag is given to whom partecipate physically to an event of BF1

I hope I've been helpful, if you need more you have only to ask Standard smile

Navigando
If it was useful, please Grant XP and accept this Answer as Solution
[I do not work for EA!]

Message 3 of 14 (2,109 Views)

★★★ Guide

Since the others have been answered I'll just elaborate on the FNB / Best Community tags.

Best Community In the World tags are usually given out by Youtubers / Game Changers, this can be via giveaways on Twitter, Youtube or Twitch - similarly they may give helpful individuals a code for this tag for a variety of reasons. Recently Youtubers such as Westie or Jackfrags have created Discords in which they often give away tags on.

As for the Friday Night Battlefield tag it's not given out by streamers but instead through playing the FNB events held by DICE every Friday, by participating there'll be a few challenges to undertake in-game such as maybe knifing a VIP which if screencapped will award you the tag and so on, 

Message 4 of 14 (2,094 Views)

Champion

Yeah I got the FNB dog tag through playing on a server and doing a task. I had to post a screenshot on Twitter doing a melee kill of the player giving out those codes. I didn't even know where to find that info until I just asked in game, and he told me. At first, I didn't believe him since I couldn't find that info anywhere. Then I did what he asked and got it Standard smile

I don't work for EA.

Message 5 of 14 (2,090 Views)

Ok @SterlingARCH3R here are the answers for each of those special Tags. Standard smile

Game Changer: These are people (mostly known YouTubers/Streamer) who got invited to special game sessions and gave direct feedback to the Dev. Team!

Best Community: Game Changers get some of these Dog Tag Codes from EA/DICE to give it to the Community. (however they want: like random Giveaways on social media, or their streams, or through any Challenges)

#FridayNightBattlefield: Some FNB Staff have Codes for each Friday, they can do random Giveaways or that what they mostly do "Challenges" during FridayNightBattlefield.

I Was There: These are Codes you can get at Live Events like EAPLAY or Gamescom (In the Battlefield sections). But sometimes people do also Code Giveaways on social media, if they have some left!

Dreaming about War: Is for those people who played in the BF1 Closed Alpha and compleded the Challenge in there!

AnswerHQ Hero: You can only get this Dog Tag if you become a Hero in this Forum here! Heroes get picked by the CM's Team if they think someone deserves is after a long time of helping and being active.

DICE Friends: You can only get this Dog Tag if you get nominated by other Community members for a good reason why you should deserve it. And than you need to get equiped as a DICE Friend by the EA/DICE Team.
There are many things what people can do around the Community. (Helping others, Easter Eggs, Events, ect.)

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 6 of 14 (2,083 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

For the Hero dog tag, can you technically get it after a long time if you're still somehow only say, an Apprentice? Or, does one need to be the highest attainable level possible before consideration?

I don't work for EA.

Message 7 of 14 (2,076 Views)

★★ Pro
Hi @SterlingARCH3R
The second is the right answer Wink (does one need to be the highest attainable level possible before consideration?)

Navigando
[I do not work for EA!]
Message 8 of 14 (2,066 Views)

Hero (Retired)

No, that´s wrong @Navigando Confused

For example, you can be an Apprentice and then directly selected to be a Champion, that´s the first necessary step.

If you´re lucky enough then, you´ll be selected to become a Hero.

But in my opinion AHQ is about helping people, not about getting a dogtag. Standard smile

Message 9 of 14 (2,060 Views)

★★ Pro
Hi @Ourumov13
First of all I completely agree with you about AHQ is not for the dog tag but only the pleasure to help

Probably I misunderstand, he wrote:
"For the Hero dog tag, can you technically get it after a long time if you're still somehow only say, an Apprentice? Or, does one need to be the highest attainable level possible before consideration?"

I would answer for the Hero dog tag you have not only to stay a long time but you have to be at maximum level Standard smile

Navigando
[I do not work for EA!]
Message 10 of 14 (2,051 Views)