[Old Report] Garden Warfare 2 for Nintendo Switch?

by JustCallMeTotal

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Old Report] Garden Warfare 2 for Nintendo Switch?

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I am just here to say it would be an amazing thing to have on the Nintendo switch. There of course could be no internet, and I think EA can work around that. "Offline Mode" in the Backyard Battleground with no invite friends option. Also, can there be a Mario hat accessory for Imp if this is made :P

Message 1 of 18 (27,594 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Garden Warfare 2 for Nintendo Switch?

Hero (Retired)

Unfortunately by the time the Nintendo Switch rolls around GW2 will be more than a year old, and while there is a slim possibility it could be ported despite that age and the fact that EA has sort of given up on the current generation of Nintendo hardware I think the one thing which couldn't be worked around would be a complete lack of any Internet connection. The game, in it's current build, absolutely must be able to communicate with the servers and can't function without that connection so there's no possibility of "portable gaming" with it; expecting that the game will be completely redesigned to remove the need to exchange information with the servers is probably wishful thinking and I don't see that level of development dollars being invested to port the game to a market which EA has found fairly disappointing in the past.

The biggest hurdle I'm seeing, based on the specs available for the Switch, if that fact that the Switch will seem to ship with only 32GB of HD memory and GW2 requires 40GB so you couldn't possibly fit the game on the system in the first place without expanded HD memory.

While the system hasn't been released yet I would probably discourage getting your hopes up at seeing GW2 finally come to a Nintendo system.

View in thread

Message 2 of 18 (33,042 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Unfortunately by the time the Nintendo Switch rolls around GW2 will be more than a year old, and while there is a slim possibility it could be ported despite that age and the fact that EA has sort of given up on the current generation of Nintendo hardware I think the one thing which couldn't be worked around would be a complete lack of any Internet connection. The game, in it's current build, absolutely must be able to communicate with the servers and can't function without that connection so there's no possibility of "portable gaming" with it; expecting that the game will be completely redesigned to remove the need to exchange information with the servers is probably wishful thinking and I don't see that level of development dollars being invested to port the game to a market which EA has found fairly disappointing in the past.

The biggest hurdle I'm seeing, based on the specs available for the Switch, if that fact that the Switch will seem to ship with only 32GB of HD memory and GW2 requires 40GB so you couldn't possibly fit the game on the system in the first place without expanded HD memory.

While the system hasn't been released yet I would probably discourage getting your hopes up at seeing GW2 finally come to a Nintendo system.

Message 2 of 18 (33,043 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The battery would go dead while waiting for a sticker pack to open.  Sick

Message 3 of 18 (27,497 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hah!

Message 4 of 18 (27,484 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

First of all - Nintendo and EA never were good friends . EA slightly support at Nintendo Compared to the Xbox , PlayStation and computer.

The main reason that i think it will not happen is simple - Nintendo hardware is simply too weak for this game , (even the CPU of the Nintendo Switch is weaker than the Wii U CPU) (!)

Nintendo prefer to focus on games like Mario and Zelda . This console is for another purposes.. By the way this game is already 1 year old , so 95% it not gonna be happen with all these reason ..  

Message 5 of 18 (27,452 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I really hope they do decide to port the game.

Also the CPU is far than the Wii u.

Message 6 of 18 (26,353 Views)

★ Guide

you all are missing there point, the game is not only one year old, but all the free add on DLC has been added there is no point to add GW2 to the switch. there is nothing to keep players coming, plus, how would they have access constant wifi is hard to get with portable devices and the game requires a strong connection to play. here is my theory: GW will never be on a nintendo console ever.

(Don't spray)

Message 7 of 18 (26,344 Views)

★ Guide

Should only make Garden Warfare 3 for the Switch, and it should definitely have online...

Message 8 of 18 (26,320 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i would like to say that it is not difficult to port pvZGW2 to the switch as there is a possibility to make the game 'docked only', second of all you would need to get extra storage unless you would buy it on disc, which coincidentily 63% of people do. also it would be a really fun addition since it fits nintendoperfectly and other EA titles like FIFA are already on or coming to the switch.

Message 9 of 18 (25,961 Views)

★ Novice

But think about splatoon 2 you need an internet connection. Besides, the switch is also a home console. 

Message 10 of 18 (22,323 Views)