Game-type Feedback for Rivals

by razrfrost13

Original Post

Game-type Feedback for Rivals

★★★ Newbie

I enjoy the game but none of the other features seem to occur in-game. It basically becomes a grab for the platforms. If one person has higher caliber units than another they are more likely to win. That is hardly strategy. The time limit is who can hold the platforms but the cost of equipment rarely allows for any strategic maneuvering especially in an upgraded unit case. The moment someone holds the platform it is less likely someone can take it. The base is not utilized as a kill prospect and the harvester is rarely considered, as well. It is mostly king of the hill and game over. Different modes would be nice because at this point I have little interest in playing a landgrab with someone whose early units can defeat mine and wipe me out with a missile. In every other C&C or offshoot game having the final weapon took a long time here it is barely any time at all. Unless the point is for people to do an arms race and buy all the rare equipment then I suppose you've accomplished that. Maybe forget the missile and let strategy return

Message 1 of 3 (379 Views)

Re: Game-type Feedback for Rivals

★ Apprentice

I am not sure in what medal range you play, but I can't agree with you at all.

In my games platforms constantly change owner and harassment is going on all game long.

Perhaps you should try to be more aggressive in your own games to see a change? Try to experiment with no harvester start builds and continue from there. Lots of high level players do it that way.

Message 2 of 3 (362 Views)

Re: Game-type Feedback for Rivals

★★★ Newbie

How you play is your business. I am talking about adding other game modes. Some people don't want to play the same mode over and over especially when it is so skewed. I am talking about adding game modes to this game that don't always include the missile king of the hill mode. There are tons of aspects to this game that are going unutilized because of it.

Message 3 of 3 (339 Views)