by pandareno1999

Original Post

Game files reveal quite a lot about summer events

[ Edited ]
Message 1 of 10 (1,009 Views)

Re: Game files reveal quite a lot about summer events

Champion (Retired)

Extracted from comments:

"The event lasts 8 weeks, and starts on week 1 wih a bunch of palm trees and props around the backyard with a huge taco ontop town hall.

On week 2 youll have a telescope spawned in each base named "Talk-o", which shows the leaked rewards system.

Meanwhile, the taco-covered town hall holds new mixed modes, some of which i remember is snack attack. Which is turf that makes you carry trays of snacks, and when you reach the enemy base you capture a 1/6th of the capture progress. If you are in the base without a snack tray nothing happens

Another event is Ice Cream Rain, which has ice cream cones littered around a TV map that gives one of 3 things: Low gravity, Damage boost, or super crazy health regen rate (different buffs can be on at the same time)

Another called "Dairy Disaster" is turf takeover but when the capture point is taken a bunch of cheese drops from it giving buffs

One im excited for: "Devious Cheese" and its accompanying description is "One-Sided Gnome Bomb. Neutral Gnomes Attack Both Teams”

One of the last i remember off the top of my head is "Taco Panic", and its description is "Two teams compete to capture a single taco"

on the final 8th week theres a button that spawns in the backyard that when pressed, starts a cutscene where the taco blows up.

So we actually know quite a bit about this event. The only thing in the air is the rewards from the event. I have searched every texture in the UI/ folder and the only textures that relate to the rewards ui widget are the lock symbols, so the textures must be retrieved from the server then."

Message 2 of 10 (973 Views)

★ Expert

Sounds terrible.

Message 3 of 10 (870 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Gormey Then why are you here
Message 4 of 10 (836 Views)

★ Expert

To bring the truth son!

Message 5 of 10 (825 Views)

[ Edited ]

Lol let's just keep it civil here guys.  I played one round of this week's portal, @Gormey, it seems pretty fun.

And in case you didn't notice yet, the community challenge this week will be giving us......wait for it....a SPECIAL ITEM! At long last.

Message 6 of 10 (814 Views)

★ Expert

Yeah I played some...it was fun for suburbination.

Message 7 of 10 (801 Views)

★ Apprentice
@pandareno1999 LEAKER LEAKER LEAKER

EA add this please and give me one
Message 8 of 10 (778 Views)

@DScD-Boyned wrote:
@pandareno1999 LEAKER LEAKER LEAKER

EA add this please and give me one

Yeah, I need to go have my colostomy bag checked out.

Message 9 of 10 (774 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

We got the challenge done fast. I got most of my frost vanquishes getting ops quests done (Having to get 10 perfect waves zombie side while also getting a specific op and 4 boss waves plant side is a lot of ops), but also played a little of the portal and regular matches last night. It was busy on PC, every match I went into was full. I had to jump into regular TT to get that cactus drone quest done though, no one was using them in the portal. :P

Got that Citron doghouse hat I've wanted. It's nice to finally get these in rotation, may want to add some extra ones though for those that missed one here and there so everyone has a chance to get them, maybe sell them at Rux as well.

Message 10 of 10 (732 Views)