Re: Game data transfer

by DracoDITS

Original Post

Game data transfer

★ Novice

I need to reinstall my OS (Android 4.4.2). I want to know if my game account is connected to my Google play account and if I will be able to continue playing the game on my account.Data

Message 1 of 5 (418 Views)

Community Manager

@CommanderWolffee Hi there,

You can verify that your game is saved on Google Play by clicking on the 'gear' menu in the top left corner. If you get an option to sign out of Google Play, you are already connected and can safely reinstall your OS.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 5 (405 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
It seems that I dont have the option to sign out. How can I get it? And thank you for the fast reply
Message 3 of 5 (389 Views)

Community Manager

@CommanderWolffee Hi again,

Please follow the advice posted here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/27294/#Comment_27294

That should allow you to create a Google Play account and then link it with your existing game.

Before you do, just make sure to write down (or make a screenshot) of your Player ID and Ally code.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 5 (377 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

As feedback: Having the ability to transfer game data between Apple and Android devices would be awesome. My wife is on an iPhone and will soon be changing over to an Android device. When this happens, she will lose all progress on the game and have to start over. This prevents us from spending any money on the game, knowing that this data loss is going to happen.

To prevent issues like this, having the account link to Origin, Facebook, or Google+ would allow the transfer between devices regardless of what manufacturer I decide to upgrade with.

I just copied this posting to another article that was made for this feedback as well: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Feedback-and-Suggestions/move-account-to-new-OS/m-p/5124214/highlight/false...

Message 5 of 5 (363 Views)