Re: Game Specific Identity Change

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game Specific Identity Change

★★ Novice

Not being able to write at forums.thesims.com anymore and reading so many various mixed replies from forums and google, I figured I might as well create a new thread, I know it will add more fuel to the fire when it comes to confusing searched, but I'll also benefit from having the most current reply and actions to be taken.

When I set up my Sims profile, I used peejaygee2013 (original, right? Standard smile ), but since I've started streaming I want to have a standard across the board, I can't seem to find a way to change my Game Specific Identity, I have 3 Game Specific Identity's, Battlefield, Command & Conquer and The Sims, but I'll only be streaming The Sims, so that would be the only one I need to change. I've changed my EA profile and picture, but I'd like my Sims 4 game to have the same name above my library saves for example.

Is it possible to do this these days?

Message 1 of 13 (9,539 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @MellyMoo5630

Renaming rules are as follows

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 13 (9,412 Views)

All Replies

★★ Pro

There may not be away to set an game specific ID. However, you can change your EA Account ID by logging into Origin.

1. Click on Origin > EA Account and Billing.
2. Edit the Basic Information (About Me) answer your security question, and make your changes.

Reference Link:

How can I change my Origin ID?
https://answers.ea.com/t5/FIFA-15/How-can-I-change-my-Origin-ID/td-p/4328259

Message 2 of 13 (9,522 Views)

★★ Novice

I've already changed my EA ID to what I want, it's only the Game Specific Identity I'd like to be able to change.

Message 3 of 13 (9,518 Views)

★★ Pro

You might be able to talk with EA customer service to see if that's doable.

How to contact EA Help for support
https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/contact-ea-help/

Unless @EA_Mai might be able to help?

Message 4 of 13 (9,505 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@PJGHangouts wrote:

I've already changed my EA ID to what I want, it's only the Game Specific Identity I'd like to be able to change.

Unfortunately . its not possible to change the Sims 3 game identity. 

See more info here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/945599/changing-exchange-name#latest

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 13 (9,492 Views)

★★ Novice
I see that you managed to change your name... how did you do this?
Message 6 of 13 (9,438 Views)

★★ Novice
What about for The Sims 4?
Message 7 of 13 (9,437 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@MellyMoo5630

Please read earlier replies.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 8 of 13 (9,421 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @MellyMoo5630

Renaming rules are as follows

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (9,413 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Did you end up getting this figured out? I also want to change the "game specific identity' that shows up under my account and The Sims 4 but no one seems to have an answer! Frown 

Message 10 of 13 (7,130 Views)