Game Balance and Matchmaking - We want your feedback!

by EA_Alexander

Original Post

Re: Game Balance and Matchmaking - We want your feedback!

★★★★ Pro

The sandstorm is currently a bit too strong. It has high damage output vs. two categories (vehicle and air), lots of hitpoints, lots of damage, a high rate of fire, and attacks multiple targets at once. That certainly seems a bit over the top.

Personally, I think I would reduce its rate of fire to a more reasonable value.

Message 551 of 893 (700 Views)

★ Guide

The rock-worm is OP. They are suppose to be designed to be hard against vehicles and soft against infantry but they devastated my infantry. I brought 2 level 9 zones against a level 10 worm, and both got wiped in two swipes.  And i know the counter is air, but my zones should have been able to take it out, because they are hard against vehicles, and rock-worm is a vehicle.

Message 552 of 893 (658 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I dont think that anyone is using rockworms that much. I havent seen zone troopers getting destroyed from that either. But if you sended two of them and they both died, which is pretty rediculus then i agree. It definitely needs a nerf.
Message 553 of 893 (644 Views)

★ Apprentice

Is there any solution to have average level 10 to 11 units in tiberium league (more than 4 levelz from level cap) not match against level 14 to 15s?

Ever tried taking out a lvl 15 predator tank with level 10 laser squads? Or a level 10 nod attack bike have to 3 shot a level 15 orca?

Not to mention the level 15 chem warriors..

If these are not challenge battles

Dont punish the playerz with low level  unitz in such matchmaking..

Hell they can just bike + buggy rush and i cant stop them at all

Message 554 of 893 (587 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, I faced similar crazy matching too. It’s just so frustrating to even continue to play. And worse, the opponent crystal reload is just too fast and at the same time they can build units very fast too. I hv tried destroying their trucks twice yet they can continue producing several sandstorms continuously. 

Message 555 of 893 (583 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I think paying for a game is fair. But paying for diamonds to get stuffs in such an unfair way like matching you against far higher levels players is just plain greed. We use money to buy fun by playing this game. Not to feed greed.

Message 556 of 893 (579 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

There are ways to win against those odds. I have mostly 10s and i have won some of those matches. The reason behind this type of balance is wait to get better levels and then go higher on the ladder. It doesnt seem fair  i know. Skill should be first in strategy games. But you have tactics on your side. Make some and win those matches too. Also the players that paid to go high without skill need to feel satisfied about putting their money on the game so they can spend more in the future. So thats why they get as an opponent you. They cant win their same level opponents because they lack skill so the balance gives them "weaker" players in terms of levels to ensure they enjoy the game by having some easy wins.

Message 557 of 893 (564 Views)

★ Apprentice

Well that will be assuming that those who pay are lousy players where tatics and strategies can win.

No doubt i won against higher level units before, but you don't need a * player with oped units to just dominate games..

Message 558 of 893 (522 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I have a question that relates to match making... is it possible to login to the same account on two devices simultaneously and run two battles there? I wanted to run a practice battle with myself to see if its possible to have my GDI army on one device battle my Nod army on another.  I wanted to test things like how long a tick tank can survive against a lone talon sitting on the same pad. I know trying to run two battles on both devices simultaneously is dangerous. You can't win on both fights unless one has the reaction time and skills of a super computer. There's no guarantee that you would be matched by your other army.

Message 559 of 893 (444 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

No. The only way that you can do that is by creating a new account on your other device(that will obviously start from the tutorials so dont expect to have a full army) level him up a bit at level 9 to be able to play nod and then do custom matches between those two accounts. Its not illegal to have 2 accounts by the way many people have.

Message 560 of 893 (438 Views)