Game Balance and Matchmaking - We want your feedback!

by EA_Alexander

Original Post

Re: Game Balance and Matchmaking - We want your feedback!

★★★★★ Apprentice
I will climb the masters rank. I havent seen the platinum for two months. Im in tiberium league right now.😆
Message 521 of 893 (672 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well I know for a fact that if zone troopers and cyborgs don't get nerfed. They will be in almost every deck like they are now.... If this continues I will quit this sad excuse for a cnc game. Also if ea don't back off the greed I'm done with ea altogether. And I will voice to ask that will listen to me to stay away from EA forever

Message 522 of 893 (644 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well I know for a fact that if zone troopers and cyborgs don't get nerfed. They will be in almost every deck like they are now.... If this continues I will quit this sad excuse for a cnc game. Also if ea don't back off the greed I'm done with ea altogether. And I will voice to all that will listen to me to stay away from EA forever

Message 523 of 893 (644 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
zone troopers and cyborgs are one of the weaker choices for a tech unit because of the prevalence of shocks/flames in almost every deck. But hey, you do you. Can agree that they could be a little more generous with how many diamonds they give out though.
Message 524 of 893 (638 Views)

★★★ Newbie

At th3 moment your game is a frigging joke. For the last 2 days now I hav3 been playing and all I keep getting is player double my skill and level. For example I am lvl5 nod but get lvl 9 nod player who has stronger equipment. So basically I can’t get the coin thing unless I buy them. To upgrade my equipment. Why should we as player be forced to buy things from these games constantly. Why can’t you idiot developers actually make a game that doesn’t have access to buy quick upgrades but rely on a one off purchase then allow the players to use there skill to play.

surely you can. After all you make * loads of mone from all your Xbox and play station and ninetendo game not to mention the computer disc gamers .

dont think I will be staying on command and conquer rivals. Definitely not like the original I played years ago 

Message 525 of 893 (615 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

EA is a company. As long as some of you continue to ask for everything to be free while people were working to create this game and need to be paid i will continue telling you guys that EA is a company. And the games are the products they sell. Its unfair to ask for free things. They dont need to give you anything. You didnt pay anything so dont compain like that.

Message 526 of 893 (603 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@BattaIia wrote:
zone troopers and cyborgs are one of the weaker choices for a tech unit because of the prevalence of shocks/flames in almost every deck.

Well, people do team them up with a Wolverine or a Flame Tank or Widowmaker...

Message 527 of 893 (576 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Everyone plays aggressive style(at high rank) - they just destroy Harvesters and GG. Really - kill 1 Harvester and +100 crystals??? LOL

EVERYONE rush harvesters. And you can't defend it with infantry... Bacause enemy has tanks... Tiberium cars and more.

I like late games with good vehicle and more. And i have late units. But almos omposibble to protect your Harvester... Even one!!! If you use aggressive style - easy win. Of you play defence (for a late game) - this is GG. Thx game. Dont interesting to play. Very bad balance. One GOOD tactic - Just kill Harvesters and win. I am very disapointed Frown

Message 528 of 893 (562 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
except you can easily defend a rush, and since they have no income it's an instant GG? Perhaps instead of loading up with tech units you should invest in units to defend your harvesters as well.
Message 529 of 893 (553 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

hey i'm new to posting in this forum or any forum for that matter so not sure if this is the right place but i have an idea on better match making for the game from my experience.

First off having to unlock the second harvester i think is a bad idea in my experience i know its probable intention is to allow players to learn the game a little before subjecting them to a new feature but i found that with me and my friends who also played the game it gave us little experience of playing against players using tech or rush tactics i know in lower league this tends to happen a lot less due to players still learning the game but when you finally get the second harvester and unlock nod you have no experience with using double harvesters and you've also unlocked a new team so i would argue this is far more difficult than just having it to begin with. i know most people here are well past the beginning but i think this would help newer players adjust to the game. also i would assume that the need to unlock double harvester splits the player base making match making longer.(i had much longer wait times in the lower leagues)

my second point is allow players to have access to both teams in general the starting 6 units for both teams are very similar and this would allow players to have experience of playing both teams upfront and gain knowledge versus the complete blindside of playing against a team and units they haven't experienced i was at 1800 (i was this high mainly due to the old challenge match mechanic) medals when i unlocked nod and the difficulty spike of having to now play as nod a team i knew nothing about while also playing vs nod as gdi at 1800 medals when i had never faced there units before especially the tech units like rockworm (which imo should be unlocked much later due to its ability to be abused against players with little to no understanding of its mechanics) and having to learn double harvester made for a very difficult experience where as this could be avoided. even if you don't give access to both teams straight away allowing double harvester will allow you to combine the player base quicker matchmaking and players will learn both teams much quicker and how they interact, for example after say 500 medals you unlock double harvester and also you will now play vs nod and gdi then when you get nod you play up to 500 medals also ( this allows some matches to familiarise yourself with there starting units) and then you can play against nod and gdi.

now as a final point you should add challenges in to the game that cost gems maybe 10 gems and 100 gems which can be brought into at anytime and have units set to certain level i.e. lvl 7 so players can practice against each other at fair levels allowing you to earn rewards and get valuable practice with new decks without fear of medal loss and as a game mode to break up constant play of ladder it could be 10 wins or 3 losses whichever comes first i think this would be a great addition to the game and a great way to practice.

i have no idea if someone else has posted something like this if so sorry! but overall i think these changes or something along these lines will be a huge help to newer players and allow for a altogether more fun and friendlier experience i'm well past the beginning now but i have recommended this game to friends and they have had similar problems and i think the challenges will help middle to higher players really learn and hone there skills. i am by no means a game designer and feel free to disregard this but i just thought id throw my 2 cents in as it were. 

Message 530 of 893 (484 Views)