Game Balance and Matchmaking - We want your feedback!

by EA_Alexander

Original Post

Re: Game Balance and Matchmaking - We want your feedback!

★★★★ Novice

The scarbs are too powerful for too cheap. If you don't have them you're just as good as done. This game is becoming no fun due to this. Also the flying ship for gdi is powerful too. If you have one you pretty much win.

Fix this please. Or else no one will continue to play it.

Message 121 of 893 (1,106 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Saging_saba wrote:

@

Ok I've been playing a while now. Up to sector 6 on both gdi and NOD.

All units are good in lower tiers of play but as you progress to least sector 5. You start seeing mostly key units in all line ups

For the most part GDI vs GDI plays out to being skill for most part but if your against NOD who has Kane with cyborgs confessors and worms forget it... Many good players stack em together bringing both on the field at same time. Extremely hard to counter and most of the time you lose.. NOD vs NOD is a even playing field but GDI lacks badly... I know at lvl 10 I'm (8) you unlock units capable of dealing with this but so do they.. possibly releasing snipers at least lvl 4 or 5 might lvl the playing field some. Loving the game so far but it's fustrating losing a match as GDI not due to skill but just better choice of units. Might I also suggest reducing damage done to infantry from Kane's oblesik as it's anti vehicles not anti infantry and vehicles. Any infantry within striking distance of there oblesik is destroyed pretty fast.

Flame tanks are also very powerful against other vehicles like tanks.. don't think something that's anti infantry should rip a hole in tanks ment to counter them. (Yes I'm aware air works best to counter)

For the most part everything else plays well and is very enjoyable. Can't wait to see where the game goes from here

When GDI goes against NOD. Almost every time GDI will stand for. Get Demolished Immediately

Message 122 of 893 (1,090 Views)

★★★ Novice

Can you stop setting the bounties to force me to use garbage units? Pitbulls and laser squad are trash. Thanks

Message 123 of 893 (1,024 Views)

★★★ Novice

Unit AI is trash in this game. 
If i tell something to attack another unit it shouldn't just give up if the unit moves a square away.
it should get to the area and decide ti should attack something else instead either. 

Message 124 of 893 (1,022 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Well... I assume I'm repeating samething as everyone else.

I find that match ups are unfair whom has advantage in units upgrades or tree techs. I've lost a lot of matches where an opponents outplay me due advanced techs and level upgrades. 

I find GDI harder to play since I don't have high levels, but I have like 2-3 advanced units, but I found out the titans are useless due speed of attacks.

But most of my GDI games I've lost quite a bit due being outplayed somehow and a lot of lagging as where the opponent takes advantage and I'm 1-2 steps behind. I've had a few occasions where my opponent beats be at building units. I find that very questionable.

The most overpowerd unit I've been facing and having trouble to beat is flame tanks for nod and zone troopers for gdi. I dunno why Zone Troopers sometimes can overpower some units and vehicle units depending on the situations, but at most times I would lose using them or against 

As for the nuke launchers pads a few times it doesn't change, but would not quickly turn to yellow or my colour. it's like every time the unit has to be halfway in order to get the bike pad, but sometimes it doesn't.

as for the gdi turret I find it kinda lame where it can build anywhere beyond the nuke launch pads, yes I can understand its distance range, but hard to counter when it crosses the line.

Jumpjet troopers I find them kinda cheap movment, cause they are hard to chase around.

There are some other things as well, but I think good connections and touch sensitivity needs more work.

A few times where I select a unit, but dies not respond properly. Same goes the ion cannon where a few times I cancelled it and touch somewhere on the map, but still actives

Message 125 of 893 (987 Views)

★★★★ Novice

While balancing of units is still needed, especially since GDI and Nod do not mirror one another and there are advantages some units have that other's don't, one comment I have seen over and over again not being addressed is matchmaking. It is clear from people's comment the current matchmaking system is causing people to leave form sheer frustration because their progression has basically been stopped in its tracks.

There is something seriously wrong when people are loosing twice as many battles as they are winning and they cannot help but watch their points drop, while still being matched against players levels above them. While I know some losses come from simply bad game-play decisions, from people's comments it is obvious they are being so badly outgunned they had no chance against their opponent in the first place.

One problem I keep running into and I am know I am not the only one, is my opponent simply outbuilding me. Far as I know everyone should have the same build rate and there is a built- in cool-down with the more units in play the longer before you can build more, however I have had in several instances my having several structures up and the field spammed with so many units within the first minute I am overwhelmed by sheer number and am unable to counter fast enough. It is certainly not a feat I have been able to replicate even when trying to repeat the same exact tactics I have seen others employ, but the sheer rate I have seen people spam the field as well as get what should be late-game units out far sooner one should reasonably expect, it is hard to not feel something fishy is going on.

I do not know if there is just some trick that is letting people build at astronomical rates I am unaware of, there is some cheating going on. Either way being able to build faster than your opponent is just too great of an advantage and I hope isn't meant to be a game mechanic.

Message 126 of 893 (966 Views)

★★★ Novice

i think i remember reading Kane's obelisk got some nerfs somewhere, but whatever it was: its not enough. 
Obelisk still way too powerful if for no other reason than the fact that its the only commander power that can be manifested on the field twice at once. 
For as much damage as it does to all unit types as fast as it does, that should not be the case. the only thing that can really counter it are air units and all air units in excess are a liability since most advanced ground units can rip them to shreds pretty fast. 

Message 127 of 893 (962 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just saw someone get out a harvester and three Pitbulls in the same time I barely got out two Attack Bikes. If there is not a cheat out there people are taking advantage of then I just do not know what is going on. Forget the cooldown between producing units, this person shouldn't of had the Tiberium to even get one Pitbull out after producing a harvester.

I have felt very cheated in matches lately with opponents producing units at an alarming rate and I am just about to quit. Either people are cheating, or there is some bizarre unfair advantage going on. This game is already terrible for real competitive play since there is so much chance involved, but stuff like this completely breaks it from even being fun despite the few times I find myself winning.

Message 128 of 893 (956 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I have to agree there is some exploit that people are using to quick produce units. Just faced someone that had a harvesters and 3 bikes in the time I had a harvester and 1 bike. I'm not that slow. The replay just looked glitchy
Message 129 of 893 (949 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

That is correct . I have yet to win while battling someone with 2 harvesters because I get over powered by swarms of costly troops.

Message 130 of 893 (924 Views)