Re: Game Balance and Matchmaking - We want your feedback!

by Mister_Crac

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

APC's are extremely OP in showdown mode; there's enough money for the player to almost fill up 3 full nuke captures areas, in addition to the rocket soldier they leave behind.

Message 751 of 893 (1,551 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Frosty10k wrote:

APC's are extremely OP in showdown mode; there's enough money for the player to almost fill up 3 full nuke captures areas, in addition to the rocket soldier they leave behind.

For the showdown mode, APC's and pit-bulls might make a good combo. The pit-bulls could hide behind the APC and the APC's are a threat on their own.

Message 752 of 893 (1,537 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

They didn’t ban scavengers YET again, what the hack?, they patch up some units but didn’t patch up the game mode in the last micro patch. Wtf is going on with the dev? This is not a vote of confidence man, don’t spent more money until things get clear up. 

Message 753 of 893 (1,535 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Alexander Please let players lose medals by losing in "challenge battles" when you are in higher leagues and almost every one are having better arsenal you stuck in challenge battles and keep losing match after match without having chance to lose medal and go back to same level rivals at least make it optional for players to choose between losing medals on defeats or keeping them so everyone be happy im a big fan of series i bought every title yet released but this issue made me delete game once
Message 754 of 893 (1,443 Views)

★★ Novice

Matchmaking is a JOKE in this game.  for the last HOUR I have been attempting to get the bounty "Play GDI 5 times"  I have CONSISTENTLY been matched against people with the Highest tier commanders.  (Meaning they are AT LEAST 35, I am level 12).  Not ONLY do I get ridiculously trounced as they have units I havent even SEEN, But they are ALL higher level units than my BEST units.  To make matters worse, for some reason, I dont get ANY credit for PLAYING the match, if I lose these matches, which I have done nothing but.  I am Glad EA has the "Challenge Match" feature and all, but at least let me progress in the F***ING Bounty if I lose FFS.,

Message 755 of 893 (1,421 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

It's true that the quality of the matchmaking has never been much good in this game. The algorithm which is used is too simple, and does not take the player's skill level into account.

@FormerMarine0821

I think that for a match to count for the bounties, you need to produce and destroy at least two or three units. So, it's not possible to just start a game, build one unit that you need for bounties and then surrender. You are meant to play it out.

Message 756 of 893 (1,400 Views)

★★ Novice

@Mister_CracI built many units but I think I was only able to destroy one MAYBE 2, no credit.  The only time I got credit was when I scored a missile strike. ONCE.  But it is moot now, after I fought a person that built NOTHING but suicide drones and killed me with Catalyst Missiles, and I couldnt even get ON a point (Suicide drones are TOO OP for how fast you can build them and how cheap they are) I just uninstalled the game.  Im not breaking my phone in frustration because EA is stupid.

Message 757 of 893 (1,379 Views)

Laser or missile troopers render laser drones useless Devil Dog. Banshees, and Rhinos also quickly dispose of them. 

Message 758 of 893 (1,367 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I think it would be very interesting if there were level caps for specific units on specific maps. For example a lower level cap for the MG squad, shock troopers, sniper squad, talons, flame troopers, scarabs, and venoms on the slashed fields map. I also think there’s room for a GDI unit strong against infantry that puts up aa impenetrable wall covering two tiles only passable by aircraft units that has low health and can only attack aircraft units, and a NOD response unit strong against vehicles that has a timed impenetrable shield kinda like the centurion covering three tiles, and is low in attack speed 

Message 759 of 893 (1,174 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Alexander Wound recommend making flying GDI troopers more susceptible to shockwave troopers or flame troopers.
At the moment, a well microed flying trooper can easily take out a harvester, even with 2 protecting Units.

Also, i suggest an event one every month ( maybe just 1 game) where all units are an automatic level15
Thx
Message 760 of 893 (1,127 Views)