Re: Game Balance and Matchmaking - We want your feedback!

by totorodc12345

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

nerf all tech across the board bc its now 60% easier to get out or jack up the price of tib to get them out 

the current meta is really bad 

Message 721 of 893 (1,026 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@punishertrd Or just revert all the harvester damage nerfs of the early game units. Or when the second harvester dies, add a cost for rebuild. Something like 40tb. Right now even if you manage to kill a second harvester your opponent doesnt get punished. He just rebuilds his harvester. So no reason to defend his harvesters at all
Message 722 of 893 (1,020 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@pontiki123451 i know and its killing the game a lot of players do not like this
now im seeing 3-4 card tech decks its BS
Message 723 of 893 (1,007 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

As I have said previously, this game is so poorly designed that the elements such as cost of units, units, damage level have to be frequently adjusted is a good reflection. I don’t see other games needing this at such frequency. I do hope that the rivals team do really listen and come up with a good revamp so that players do not need to go through all these frustration. Please plan and review your game design properly and please have a very good reviewer QC it first before releasing. Don’t make the players your white rabbits. And then when they feedback, you send your cyber troopers to defend, counter and sometimes attack. It will only result in exodus. 

Message 724 of 893 (899 Views)

★★★★ Novice

With almost every Nod player always running with the basilisk/cyborg/widow combo it is near impossible to beat.

The Basilisk just decimates ground units infantry and vehicles, while the cyborgs and widows destroy air. So its too hard to destroy a basilisk not matter what counter unit you try. And unless your running solomon there almost no chance countering this broken combo.

And having just destroy their harvesters to prevent producing this broken combo as the only counter isnt really fair. Especially if you run your own tech deck. 

Basilisks need to

A) have there damage out put reduced especially against infantry, they shouldnt be able to fry them as quick as they can vehicles if your gonna put them as an anti vehicle only unit.

B)increase their tib cost/pop cost. This will stop them able to swarm basilisks/cyborgs/widows so you might be able to get a counter unit in to do some damage to something.

C)reduce the range, this will stop the players hiding the basilisks behind widows and cyborgs allowing units to able to get to the fight.

Message 725 of 893 (879 Views)

@crispy626 wrote:

With almost every Nod player always running with the basilisk/cyborg/widow combo it is near impossible to beat.

The Basilisk just decimates ground units infantry and vehicles, while the cyborgs and widows destroy air. So its too hard to destroy a basilisk not matter what counter unit you try. And unless your running solomon there almost no chance countering this broken combo.

And having just destroy their harvesters to prevent producing this broken combo as the only counter isnt really fair. Especially if you run your own tech deck. 

Basilisks need to

A) have there damage out put reduced especially against infantry, they shouldnt be able to fry them as quick as they can vehicles if your gonna put them as an anti vehicle only unit.

B)increase their tib cost/pop cost. This will stop them able to swarm basilisks/cyborgs/widows so you might be able to get a counter unit in to do some damage to something.

C)reduce the range, this will stop the players hiding the basilisks behind widows and cyborgs allowing units to able to get to the fight.

Spot on. This game is so broken that the only way to beat that combo is with the same combo. It shouldn’t be that way. 

I think that one major problem here is that the cyborgs can kill infantry. They shouldn’t be able to. Cyborgs and Zone troopers should be vehicle and air only. Wolverines and Widowsmakers should be infantry only. The Basilisk should be vehicle only. 

With GDI, the MLRS does nothing to infantry. The Basilisk should be the same. It shouldn’t have the ability to kill infantry. These units aren’t doing what the description say that they should be doing. 

Message 726 of 893 (873 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

For nod use bikes, flames/ mass millitants or venoms.

Mass bikes kill basilisk and widow. Flames or mass millitants or mass venoms kill cyborgs.

For gdi shocks/mass riflemen or drone swarms, predators/pits,mass talons/hammerhead.

Mass talons or hammerhead can kill basilisk. Shockwave troopers or mass riflemen or mass drone swarms can kill cyborgs. Pitbulls or a predator can kill widow maker. 

I dont think the basilisk/widow/cyborgs combo is overpowered or broken. 

If you are using tech its just a gamble.for gdi sandstorm + disruptor can kill those tech units and if you dont want to run your sandstorm against the basilisk just send missile squads to kill the basilisk.

For nod you need phantom if you want something expensive or banshees for basilisk (because nod tech doesnt have any good anti air units) for widows you can use centurion and for cyborgs confessors or flame tank.

OR you can use artillery and kill both the cyborgs and the widow easily and then deal with the basilisk with an air unit. 

There are tons of options to break that triple tech combination as you can see. 

Message 727 of 893 (864 Views)

@pontiki123451 wrote:

For nod use bikes, flames/ mass millitants or venoms.

Mass bikes kill basilisk and widow. Flames or mass millitants or mass venoms kill cyborgs.

For gdi shocks/mass riflemen or drone swarms, predators/pits,mass talons/hammerhead.

Mass talons or hammerhead can kill basilisk. Shockwave troopers or mass riflemen or mass drone swarms can kill cyborgs. Pitbulls or a predator can kill widow maker. 

I dont think the basilisk/widow/cyborgs combo is overpowered or broken. 

If you are using tech its just a gamble.for gdi sandstorm + disruptor can kill those tech units and if you dont want to run your sandstorm against the basilisk just send missile squads to kill the basilisk.

For nod you need phantom if you want something expensive or banshees for basilisk (because nod tech doesnt have any good anti air units) for widows you can use centurion and for cyborgs confessors or flame tank.

OR you can use artillery and kill both the cyborgs and the widow easily and then deal with the basilisk with an air unit. 

There are tons of options to break that triple tech combination as you can see. 

No. You can’t mass anything. The combo will kill anything you put out there. So you mass bikes and the Basilisk along with the cyborgs kill all the bikes. Because of the unit cap, there are only so many units you can put on the battlefield. For what you are saying, you would need 2 sets of flames, 3 sets of bikes, and a tank to take just to take out that combo and that’s just if they have one if each and don’t destroy one set of what you put out there. 

Tech might have a chance but you’ll need more than one tech unit. And those units would already need to be out there. You wouldn’t just be able to spawn all the required tech in one shot to do it. As son as the artillery come out by itself , it’s gone. Once the sandstorm comes out by itself it’s gone. 

I suspect you are one of these tech players because you don’t seem to realize that what you say is impossible unless you already have the tech out there. 

I don’t use tech. Tech is for whales. 

Message 728 of 893 (858 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Marine_CorporaIGo check my games. I am in terminus shores. In game name pontiki. Tell me am i using tech to win? What i am telling you can be done. You need one flame trooper, 3 bikes straight to the basilisk then bikes to the widow and micro

Message 729 of 893 (852 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Lower the cyborg and zone trooper anti  infantry fire power, they are now op and can’t be countered by lower end infantry units such as frametrooper and the like. I have now seen both troopers rushed and spam in mid to late game. Given they cant be counter by lower cost infantry one on one, except their own counter part and distrustor it is op most of the time. 

Message 730 of 893 (807 Views)