Re: Game Balance and Matchmaking - We want your feedback!

by pontiki123451

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

Well now tech decks will be good. So i dont know how the game will change. Decks that have 2 buildings and a tech lab will open tech lab for 90tb if they open their other 2 building before. Players that use 3 buildings and a tech lab will now open tech lab for 60tb if they open the other buildings before. We'll have to wait and see. Honestly i believe this is a good change because tech might actually be usefull in the game. Devs said that they will balance tech units that might seem op. They want tech to actually be viable in higher leagues like tiberium league. 

Message 651 of 893 (492 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@pontiki123451 wrote:

Well now tech decks will be good. So i dont know how the game will change. Decks that have 2 buildings and a tech lab will open tech lab for 90tb if they open their other 2 building before. Players that use 3 buildings and a tech lab will now open tech lab for 60tb if they open the other buildings before. We'll have to wait and see. Honestly i believe this is a good change because tech might actually be usefull in the game. Devs said that they will balance tech units that might seem op. They want tech to actually be viable in higher leagues like tiberium league. 

I just hope that its just as easy to defeat tech in the first place. The changes I got confused at first; is there an official change log to this? I would want to read this personally. I was offline from the game for at least 5 days. I will be playing again tomorrow.

Message 652 of 893 (482 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@EinarThePillagerThe changes have been sent to you by an ingame message. I dont think that tech will be countered in the same way that it was countered before. Some tech units got very good buffs. Zones/cyborgs are now the best units imo apart from mammoth. The attack speed increase made them extremely efficient (they did nerf dps but they buffed attack speed a lot so its a buff in the end). Also i am interested to see how woolverines now work. They got a vehicle attack buff. I hope they dont destroy absolutely destroy attack bikes again. We had that before and it was ridiculous. A woolverine just countered both air and ground and combined with zones it was unbeatable.

Message 653 of 893 (472 Views)

★★★★ Guide

put the game back to where is was in the beginning right after launch it would be better 

all of these changes isnt that great or good also you need to lower the skin price 800 dims is waaaay too much for 7-8 USD

Message 654 of 893 (467 Views)

★★★★ Guide
slow the damn mammoth down its ways too fast and health too can even kill it with 2 rockets and 2 pitbulls
Message 655 of 893 (464 Views)

★★ Guide

Try two tanks attacking at once with an level advantage. Or an Orca/Mohawk.

Message 656 of 893 (461 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@punishertrd Well mammoth shouldnt be countered by ground units that are not tech. Tech units like kodiak and titans can deal with it. If you dont want tech you can use anti vehicle air units.
Message 657 of 893 (457 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@pontiki123451 wrote:
@punishertrdWell mammoth shouldnt be countered by ground units that are not tech. Tech units like kodiak and titans can deal with it. If you dont want tech you can use anti vehicle air units.

Could a grenadier protected by a predator tank win? What I mean by protected is that the predator tank blocks the mammoth from trying to crush the grenadier. You'll have to destroy the predator before you can squish the grenadier.

Message 658 of 893 (427 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have never tried that. But even if you were microing the predator inside the grenadiers, the mammoth has so much health that i think it would just kill the predator and crush the grenadiers anyway. I havent tested that but maybe 2 grenadiers with a predator going in and out to block would be better. Though you can avoid all of this trouble if you just use orca, mohawk,borca or a tech unit like kodiak or titan. The predator inside the grens seems like too much trouble and it forces you to play both grens and predator in one deck which is bad imo.

Message 659 of 893 (414 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The biggest thing that bugs me about the game balance at the moment which EA hasn’t thought about it, or cater for, us starting a new deck. Because you start with low Tiers you can’t just use them straight out because the current league you’re in requires you to have more than just skill. Because even 1 Tier higher difference can mean the difference is in a players favour to win. 

So to start a new deck you must level up all the units before trying them out in your current league. You can’t downgrade from a league. So using this low deck is frustrating and forces players to throw an entire season or just play their normal deck until new one equivalent tier. 

I guess we have to suck it up and just level them up and perhaps after another 3 months be competitive with them or pay to win model to make this less time. Which is the point of a freemium model. As discussed, this isn’t a P2W game. 

Message 660 of 893 (403 Views)