Re: Game Balance and Matchmaking - We want your feedback!

by pontiki123451

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

What you are saying is ridiculous. You really think that EA made some code for the events in order for you to not win because you havent payed a dime? Seriously? What about you try to hone your skills and get more than 5 wins in your events instead of spreading rumors to the other players? Show me as many replays and pictures as you like. I am sure i wont find a replay where EA is messing with your games. Its ok if you are less skilled than your opponent. Just practice. Before you blame someone like that try to see if you did something wrong. If someone is outplaying you that means you need to practice to become better. It doesnt mean that there is a conspiracy behind it. 

Message 631 of 893 (698 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Ponti123451 : you sounded very much like an EA staff. Honing skills ?? I don’t think that matters here. However good you r it’s pointless as the game determines the match on who wins no matter how or what you say here. So don’t bullsh*t over here about honing skills. And me blaming any1 ??? Am just an unhappy customer giving my feedback...what’s wrong with that ?? If you are a genuine player here with no connection to the ea team, you would just leave me alone with my feedback or that you might agree with me. Rebutting me makes you look suspicious. And more importantly look ard, I am not the only one saying this. 

Message 632 of 893 (676 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Totorod. Git gud. If you play like a bot. Expect to lose. Hahahahaha. 

Message 633 of 893 (665 Views)

@totorodc12345 wrote:

Ponti123451 : you sounded very much like an EA staff. Honing skills ?? I don’t think that matters here. However good you r it’s pointless as the game determines the match on who wins no matter how or what you say here. So don’t bullsh*t over here about honing skills. And me blaming any1 ??? Am just an unhappy customer giving my feedback...what’s wrong with that ?? If you are a genuine player here with no connection to the ea team, you would just leave me alone with my feedback or that you might agree with me. Rebutting me makes you look suspicious. And more importantly look ard, I am not the only one saying this. 

I’m not an EA staffer. What you are saying is ridiculous. Look at my post on the previous page and you will see why you are facing units that are above yours and people that are better than you.

Here it is in short. You are facing tougher units and people because you already left behind the people you already beat in the previous league. When you eventually upgrade the units you have  now and finally beat the people you are having trouble with, they will get left behind and you face even tougher units and people. 

The only way you will continue to face the same people of your skill level, is if you never progress forward. But by doing that you have to keep losing and keep your win/ loss rate at 50 percent to stay stagnant. 

That works within a league as well. So when you win 5 in a row in Gold league for example, you just moved out of your area of experience and now have to face people in the next area up on the ladder. If they beat you, you fall back to the previous area you just left from. 

Everyone is ranked on a ladder system. You aren’t going to keep beating people that are the same as you and keep moving up because they wouldn’t be there for you to beat since you already left them behind. 

Hope that makes sense to you. 

Message 634 of 893 (664 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@totorodc12345 well im not an EA staff. And i seriously dont know why being an EA staff is bad. Honing skills yes. This mobile game is not like candy crush. Its a strategy based game. Strategy means that you need to train and think of new ways to win. Yes i am a genuine player. But i cant leave you with your feedback. Why? Because here we are supposed to give to the developers of the game feedback about the balance and the matchmaking. And your feedback says something that i have never heard or experienced. And believe me i have been playing this game since december. If there was something like this i would have encountered that or heard that. And yes you are the only one saying this. I have seen a lot of players talking about balance. No one ever said that the events and the ladder have something that doesnt let you to get more than 5 wins. And i am talking about players that are experts in this game. Players that are winning their games without money if thats your problem. And they all play in the tiberium league which is the last one. So if what you are saying was real i would have heard it before. Also if you believe that the game determines who the winner will be before the game starts go check in your game this : network --> C&C TV and change the league to tiberium. Then go watch games where one of the players has lower levels than the other one. You will see a lot of wins from lower level players. This proves that if you hone your skills you can win anyway. The game is based on skill. Sure. Levels give you an advantage. But when you are more skilled than your opponent you can still win with lower levels. And no. The game didnt decide to give wins to the players that pay less (lower levels). They were just more skilled than their opponents.

Message 635 of 893 (653 Views)

I don’t pay. Never do anymore after I lost my first account.  I never made it to tiberium. The farthest I’ve ever gone is Masters 2. I did this about 5 or 6 times after starting over with units at level 8’s. 

Unit levels don’t matter much when they are 1 or 2 higher than yours if you use the right counters. You can still out skill them. When they are 3 to 4 levels higher, then you have to pay. That’s why I could never get out of masters. 

The problems I was facing was my level 8 Rhino going against a level 11 or 12 shockwave for example. It takes too long to kill them with such a difference in levels. So I would lose and continue losing. 

If I was a better player I could probably make it out with level 8’s but my skill isn’t there yet. 

You can definitely progress without paying though. 

Message 636 of 893 (630 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Pontiki123451 : I am not at all convinced by what you hv described about skills thingy coz I hv experience far too many matches where opponent is just too ridiculously powerful, too fast or that u r matched against a better deck not matter what deck you hv change into. You can say u did not heard any of what I described (but I see many post talking about these and were somehow drown out) and leave me to my feedback, but as an unhappy customer I hv my right to give my feedback. And to me when you said you can win I do agree you can. Am saying the probability of winning is determine by the game based on a set of criteria. 

Marinecpl: you rightly pointed out some of the points of why I am in this. But you r just thinking on the outcome. What’s the cause ?? I can say it’s due to bad game design that leave many if not a portion of the players being unhappy. Am not saying losing makes 1 unhappy. But losing unfairly and on top of that while you have paid. So giving respect to people who hv paid n feel unhappy about the experience is the least you could do. 

Message 637 of 893 (619 Views)

@totorodc12345 You absolutely have the right to leave feedback. So do we based on what was said.

As far as losing unfairly, I disagree. You were good enough to make it out of your league leaving those that weren't as good as you behind. Now you have to be good enough to make it out of the league you are in now.

So you paid to upgrade your units. Now you have to micro them and outplay your opponents. Use the right counters. Don't focus on tech units only. It's not impossible. It requires skill.

Check out this video below. This is the key to winning. I have followed his play style and made it to Masters league in about 6 different accounts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnpOHtQqLns&t=9s

Message 638 of 893 (614 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

As an RTS player of multiple franchises, here are the issues i can draw from the game in comparison to other RTSs:

-The unit leveling system is absolutely shocking. Im in a 20 game losing streak simply because my units or not on the same level. heck my level 7 shocks almost lose to level 10 rifles ffs. thats a net loss of 30 tiberium. Really? its simply impossible to play against a GOOD player that has units ranked 2 or 3 levels higher than u. and while u can argue that just be better than him, CnC Rivals isnt exactly a PC strategy game hence theres a clear ceiling to how better than the other player u can be given the small time frame of a game and the map etc.

-Matchmaking is horrible. all those 20 games ive lost have been against players miles ahead of me. and while yes im not losing medals, im literally losing the will to even keep this game on my phone. what should i do if i keep losing simply cuz my opponent has units taht are either better than mine or i havent even seen before. I wonder how many players did this game lose like this.

-Decks? really? this is CnC? why is CnC:Rivals just a massive guess game? it creates a sheer lack of strategic depth when u have to select a generic all purpose loadout because if u select a specialized loadout and ur opponent chooses something that counters it, uve basically lost the game before it even begins. this creates a sense of repetitiveness and monotony. 

The game has alot of strengths and things going for it. the visuals are gorgeous, the effects and sound and voice patters are amazing, the concept is very good. i was one of the people who were dissing on this game before it even came out but having played it, its definitely got things going for it. but please. the 3 issues are so overwhelming im actually considering uninstalling the game simply because im being matched against palyers who arent better skilled, just have better level units or units that i dont have.

p.s 

Scarabs. really? 30 investments that takes out a any infantry with 1 hit? a harvester, most tanks anything really. so easily spammable. 

i purposely picked this game up after a year hoping balancing wudve been fine by now, but wow. EA doing what EA does best. these units come out right at the start of the game. so u cant approach it at all cuz u straight out lose. so whats the counter? wait and let the first nuke hit u and fall behind before u even have a seocnd harvester? Or should i spam riflemen? meaning i include a unit in my deck that is completely useless in every situation other than this while the scarabs can one shot a titan, wolverine etc.

Message 639 of 893 (584 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Salman_93MK  i've been where you are right now. I nearly quited the game some months ago. Yes the levels are a problem on ladder. But. You can win with a - 3 level disadvantage. All you have to do is to go and watch players that have content on youtube to help you learn the game and if you already know it they will help you learn some tricks. Ofcourse that alone is not enough. You need to lose a lot of times. What i recommend you to do is to go back into your match history and watch your defeats. Watch how you lost the game. Scan your deck's weakness. What type of unit did your opponent bring? Was it vehicle or infantry? What did it counter? What could you use to counter these types of units? Thats how you will go through the higher level opponents and have fun. Most of the players that are stuck in lower leagues think that they did everything perfect and that the only thing that stopped them were the levels. The players that are high in the leaderboard without crazy levels are the ones that learned from their mistakes,used decks that they didnt like at first and players that learned from their opponents. Instead of tilting when losing they watch the strategy of their opponent and try to duplicate it. About the cnc games. I know. Its not a good old cnc game. I would describe C&C RIVALS as a strategy game that is based on the cnc lore rather than the actual games. I have played the originals. Its not even close. But its a different game that is fun to play and needs strategy and fast reactions to play it. Its ok if you dont like it but  i think its a decent game overal.

Message 640 of 893 (574 Views)