Re: Game Balance and Matchmaking - We want your feedback!

by KelinDrawn

Original Post

[ Edited ]

@totorodc12345Here’s the thing about matchmaking. If you suck and lose all the time, you’ll stay in a lower league with other people that suck and you’ll face people with units with the same level as you. People that suck or are mediocre, end up staying in the league they are in. The ones that suck stay there and the mediocre ones progress slowly. The good ones leave quickly.

If you are good and progress to a higher league, you’ll face people in that league that you just made it to. They’ll have higher units than you. You have to face them. They aren’t going to match you up with people that are in a lower league that you just left. They’ll match you with people that are in the league you are in.

It’s sort of like baseball. If you are good and make it out of the minor leagues into the major leagues, once you are in the major leagues, you’ll face the best of that league.

So now that you just made it out of silver league for example and are now in gold league, you are facing people in gold league that are stuck there because they suck or just passing through if they are mediocre or good. The good ones will make it out of gold league into the next league. The ones that suck or are mediocre will stay there leveling up their units. You have to be good enough to beat them to progress into the next league.

To be good enough to beat the people in the league you are in now, you only have 2 options. One is to outplay them. The other is to outspend them and make your units higher than theirs. Most players do a combination of both. 

Message 621 of 893 (696 Views)

In this game, you’ll always face people that have higher units than you if you make it out of your league. 

The only way way to fix that is not to have leagues at all and only match you against people that have the same units as you. But if you do that, you’ll face the same people over and over again. That’s what’s happening at tiberium league now. They have nowhere to go so they end up facing each other indefinitely. 

Message 622 of 893 (695 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Can we get a nerf on the disruptor dmg to main building had an opponent knock down both health bars with 1 disruptor before i could deal with it.

Message 623 of 893 (690 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I used to think this game was Pay to Win. But actually it can’t be. Because you can win every single unit and level them up without paying a cent. It just takes some time to do so. IE. 6 months of frustration and pain. But you can pay to get up quicker. The issues with this is a noob will level up be then be hopeless in the higher leagues. Also if a new unit is introduced a pay to win player will have it levelled up quicker. But you can still get all that for free.  Yes, they still need to tweak a few OP units. But at least they’re not releasing units that can only be purchased with real money that just destroy everything. Now that would be pay to win. 

Message 624 of 893 (667 Views)

★★★★ Guide
the unit cost needs to drop in cost or give the f2p players more coin the cards can stay the same
Message 625 of 893 (633 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I think I have found out why the disruptor is still OP even though it got nerfed a bit. Its the shot size that's causing the issues with the base. I would suggest decreasing the shot size from 20 to something like 10. Also the disruptor's damage to infantry should be 30 and not 26. I mean, could anyone survive intact when he's punched in the face 20 times in a row? By then the person's either dead or unconscious with a fractured skull.

Message 626 of 893 (617 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Am seriously contemplating on writing to Andrew Wilson on how ridiculously bad this rivals has been designed. Am convinced that this game is not worth paying for....is enough to attract his attention on doing something about it. 

Message 627 of 893 (571 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Especially the events...it is utterly cheating. 

Message 628 of 893 (570 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

What’s wrong with the events, the (I would claim) most fun gamemode where you actually play with a level ceiling? If you want to use the word cheating at least use where it makes sense: the ladder.

Message 629 of 893 (560 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Everything is wrong. It’s capped but I only see the numbers but definitely not the others figures. Too many times opponent almost always out produce you, out harvest you and the units more agile and turns faster. Am not paranoid here. I hv videos to proof it. And almost always that whatever deck you choose or rechoose, you are match against a more superior deck. In 10 event matches, you will lose 5 or more depending on how much you have paid. If Andrew were to ask me how is this bad to his business, well I would say disgruntled customer will spread the negative vibes. And bad feedbacks will keep new players well informed on not spending altogether. 

So dun pretend that there isn’t any imbalance in the game....it will just make EA look even more evil with conspiracy to cheat.

Message 630 of 893 (553 Views)